Prologue: King Kattaerthwait

P.O.V. Third

A male slightly taller than average was currently walking down the halls of his palace. He had medium-long brown hair, that was fairly messy, and deep brown eyes that matched his hair. He continued for several minutes until he reached a small room. When he arrived he saw two important figures. A child around the age of eight with pure white hair, and bright vivid purple eyes, and a male dressed in traditional combat attire.

He had promised his grandson that he would watch his first training session. Apart from the fact it gave him the chance to see what the instructor he hired was really like, he always enjoyed spending time with his grandson and wanted to take every chance he got to spend time with him. When he arrived he saw that the male that was to be training his grandson doing a slight demonstration for him.

He would have interrupted but seeing the child's face prevented him from doing so. He had a bright and warm smile as he looked at the male in front of him. He was taking in every detail that he could from the fluid and elegant movement. Everything from his stance and attacking patterns to his wrist angle, and footwork was etched into his memory as he looked at the male in front of him.

The male then stopped much to the child's disappointment and he looked at him. "Things like this are basic and they are things that you will undoubtedly be able to do given enough time," The male said as he looked at the male in front of him before walking over to where he was keeping the two training swords he planned on using. He could see how eager the child was to get started so he thought there was no harm in skipping some of the formalities.

The male then walked over to him and smiled as he held out a sword for the child to use. "King, how the sword with both hands, and take a steady stance like this," The male said as he showed him a basic stance. When he said this King nodded and mimicked his form nearly perfectly as he looked at the male in front of him. "Now, I need a baseline of where you are so I know what to teach you. So feel free to come at me at will," The male said with a smile as he looked at the child.

King nodded hearing this as his gaze concentrated more on the male in front of him. Gilgamesh smiled seeing how much fun his grandson seemed to be having with these rather basic instructions. However, then he saw something that left him speechless. King took a deep breath and the grip around the handle of his blade tightened as he dashed forward and jumped into the air. King unleashed three quick and rapid strikes in the blink of an eye.

Then when he landed he went down quickly and hit the male's ankle sweeping him off his feet. Gilgamesh chuckled slightly hearing this, thinking that the mentor was merely acting to encourage King but after a few moments passed he began to grow a little concerned. King himself also became worried shaking the male slightly as he laid on the ground. After nearly a minute had passed Gilgamesh stood up and began to walk over to the male.

His eyes were closed and Gilgamesh could already start to see a swelling starting to appear on his shoulder from where King had hit him. Gilgamesh then placed two fingers on his neck just under part of his jaw and sighed feeling a pulse. "It's fine, he's just unconscious is all," Gilgamesh said as he looked at the male next to him. King was

He had swellings the size of fists covering his body. "I'll get a nurse," Gilgamesh said as he looked at the male however, just before he left he stopped and turned to look at King. "King . . . how did you do that?" Gilgamesh asked as he looked at his grandson. He had never heard of someone being able to do something like this. A child that had never held a sword before or trained with on in his life had made his instructor pass out with four strikes. The thought just seemed so bizarre and foreign to him.

When he said this King tensed up and looked at the ground as if he were ashamed of what he had done. Seeing this Gilgamesh panicked slightly and fell to one knee. "Nonononono, it's fine. You're not in trouble! I just want to know is all," Gilgamesh said as he looked at the child in front of him. After a few moments passed King mumbled something still clearly a bit ashamed of his actions.