Chapter 7: Recovery

Most of the members of team HAKS were in their dorm with the exception of the blue-haired male. Both Jack and Sokudo had been spending most of their day with King. Trying to make sure that he had fully recovered from his injuries and while he said he was fine the two had their doubts about his actual wellbeing. Sokudo had been quiet most of the day which wasn't too unusual for those that knew him.

King had been keeping to himself as well, however, this was because he had spent most of the day making sure that his equipment wasn't broken and still worked properly. Jack, however, had been uncharacteristically quiet as well. He had been thinking about what Gilgamesh had said to him the other day and ever since then he had been thinking about it a lot. As he looked at King he saw him stretching the wire at his handle and letting it snap back to the handle making sure it didn't get jammed along the way.

"King," Jack said gaining the male's attention. "Are you sure you're okay?" Jack asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," King said with a smile as he stopped and sheathed his sword. "Well it looks like everything still works fine so I don't need to replace anything," King said with a smile as he looked at the male in front of him. "Why?" King asked as he looked at Jack. "Is something up?" King asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"I . . . don't know if I would say that. But . . . whale . . . I've just been thinking about what your grandfather said the otter day," Jack said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Oh, yeah, he's really good at making people feel like shit. I wouldn't let him bother you too much about it. He's just a bit protective is all," King said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Are you shore? I'm usually not the type to clam up in situations like this. But what he said . . . it just really got to me," Jack said as he looked at King.

"Yeah, trust me. Although 'protective' might be putting it mildly. He used to try and pass a new holiday for a while known as 'King day'. He even went as far as to lock other members of the committee into a room with him and held them there for hours telling them what benefits it would provide and why they should do it," King said as he looked at the male in front of him. When he said this Jack looked at King a little dumbfounded.

"You're . . . you're joking right?" Jack asked as he looked at the male in front of him causing King to shake his head.

"No, sadly I'm not," King said as he looked at the male. The only inaccuracy of his statement was that he said his grandfather 'used' to do this implying that he had given up on this effort of his. King then shook his head trying to clear his mind of these thoughts. "Want to go watch Cy train?" King asked as he looked at Jack.

"Yeah sure," Jack said with a smile as he stood up and the two turned to look at Sokudo. "Want to join us?" Jack asked as he looked at the male in front of him causing him to shake his head.

"No, I think I'd rather just be alone for a bit. You know, clear my mind and meditate that sort of thing," Sokudo said as he looked at the male in front of him. Jack and King nodded hearing this and walked out of the room leaving Sokudo on his own. The two then walked down the halls and into Glynda's training room where they saw Cy fighting both Pyrrha and Yang. The two walked to the side and began to watch them from one of the several seats beside them.

King smiled as he looked at the three in front of him. He never thought he'd see someone fighting their crush before they even confessed how they felt. After they felt sure, there were plenty of reasons to want to fight then, but before you even knew how they felt was a bit excessive in King's opinion.

While Cy was focusing on Pyrrha, Yang ran towards him and used her gauntlets to shoot herself into the air above the two and Pyrrha jumped back as Yang once again shot into the air bringing her down to the ground faster. As she did Cy jumped back and Yang's fist landed where he had been just moments ago. Yang then rushed forward and the two began to fight fairly quickly.