3

"Child of Witchcraft" part 1

It was stifling to tell this idea but let me tell you everything I knew.

Everything was normal. I was that one weirdo who had heterochromia (even everyone find it fascinating but I hated it). Or at least it was until I got on this situation. Now I am a part of some sort of prophetic phenomenon and I have no choice but to face it.

I was walking with Charlie this afternoon as we're both heading home from school. I held my favorite fantasy book and kept bragging how much I adore it.

"Look Angie, if you're not going to stop talking about that, it might happen." Charlie seemed serious about it.

"Happen? Of course it wouldn't happen, silly!"

He moved uncomfortably, "Y-yeah... I guess you can say it that way."

"What's up with you and mythology?"

"Nothing." He's hiding something from me, I can feel it though I did not want to push him either. I kept my mouth shut.

As we reached to the end where we're going to be separated, something strange happened. A man wearing a ridiculous outfit running across our direction, he was blasting fire- literal fire at someone. The fire wasn't a normal fire. It looks quite greenish to me.

"What's happening?!" I was confused and terrified at once.

"Gods." Charlie muttered. He said Gods in plural. What does he even mean with that?! "How can you able to see through the mist?"

"Mist?!"

"There's no time!" Then he dragged me forward as we surge, running in circles.

"And what do you mean with Gods?! Do you believe in multiple gods--"

"Yes and please don't ask more question. I knew it was your time. I should've done it sooner or you wouldn't be in this situation."

As we continued sprinting away from the crazy man, I noticed Charlie looking a little odd. He wasn't wearing any shoes, it was hooves. It sounded ridiculous but I ignored it. Can't believe my day could be even more better.

That's why he smelled like a barn animal; he was a half animal. He always makes the excuse that he lives in a barn with his parents. I can't believe I believed that, it was a lie.

We went for a stop. This time I decided to query more question as if I've never heard what he told me earlier, "Look, after all this time you're a half-animal. I can't believe I believed you that you lived in some sort of farmhouse!"

"It's called satyr and I have no choice, alright?! My name is Charlie Forester." He scanned his surroundings if there are any other threats.

"I'm sorry if I was asking too many questions. I know the last one, of course. No need to reiterate that one."

"Now your life's in danger. I have to bring you there."

"What there?!"

"A safer place. You're not a regular mortal."

I was even puzzled than I thought I was. What does he meant with mortal? Why such a fancy word until everything made sense. I wasn't a normal kid. I knew there was something odd about myself. About my parents hesitating about going to church every Sunday as if we did a mortal sin.

I was raised as a Catholic- my parents especially my mom was very dedicated and religious about it. We trusted one god. Thinking about the existence of multiple gods questions my faith.

I got the energy to ask one last thing, "When you said I'm not a regular mortal, what do you mean exactly?"

He kept looking back and forth trying not to look at me, "You're... You're a..." It was cut short when suddenly a humongous monster appeared before us.

---

Author's note: So I tried a little fantasy genre and I was heavily inspired by a book I was reading so I did that. That's all.