King of Hearts 🍋

Rosinante X Reader

This is one I wanted to do and had half finished for the longest time. I'll be working on other people's requests a little faster now, partially because I feel like I've hit a wall in some stories. I need to do a better job of figuring out more of the plot before writing them. Sometimes I get too caught up in the small scenes that I forget the big picture. And I have five or so requests piled up that need to be done anyway~

You could say you had bad luck when it came to love. Everytime you found a boyfriend things would go well for a short while and then you'd find them cheating on you at some point. You were sweet enough, that's why they kept asking you out. And you were good looking to boot, petite with eye catching.

But without a doubt, each one fell for another woman, occasionally more, and then they wouldn't have the guts or the want to end things with you before starting up with someone else. There'd been plenty of times when you and other women have all torn into past lovers for two timing. It was getting old though. You were tired of being treated like you weren't worth a real relationship.

Now you sat at a bar in town, getting ready to drown your misery in alcohol. Was it a good choice? No. Was it going to help you get over your problems? Also no. But it sounded better than crying your eyes out over men who weren't worth your time. Besides, alcohol wouldn't leave you. You could always count on it for a good time.

You sat at the counter, close to the bartender as you sipped on your drink. There was all night to get shit faced, you weren't in a rush.

A crash from the front of the bar jolted you out of your self pity induced reverie and you turned around to see what was going on, fully expecting a brawl.

To your surprise, it was a single man. An extremely tall one at that. He had fallen flat on his face right as he entered the building and was now getting back to his feet. He brushed himself off like nothing happened and walked his way up to the bar, sitting in the stool beside you.

A large black, feathered coat hung off his hunched shoulders and a strange red cap with hearts dangling off the sides kept his shaggy blonde hair under control. The strangest part of him was the makeup he wore on his face. Red lipstick that didn't stop at his lips, stretching over his cheeks instead, and some dark blue design under his right eye. It was interesting to say the least.

The man stayed silent as he flagged down the bartender and pointed to what he wanted on a small menu by his elbow. Once he got his drink, his gaze drifted in your direction and you quickly averted your eyes, taking a sip of your own beverage. You were used to being stared at by men, so it was easy to make it look casual. Not that you were interested in him, you just didn't want to be caught staring.

You could feel his eyes on you though. Without even looking you could tell his gaze was trailing up and down your form. Fighting the urge to smile, you finally looked at him with a straight face.

"Can I help you?" Nothing beat catching someone off guard and watching them backpedal.

But surprisingly, he didn't say anything. He stared back boldly with muddled red eyes as he put a cigarette between his lips and tried to light it. Emphasis on tried.

He somehow missed the tip of the cigarette and ended up catching his coat on fire instead. You never wondered how flammable a feathered coat could be, but you definitely had an answer now. It was fast and so much more than mildly worrying, especially since he didn't notice the mistake right away.

Your first instinct was to use your drink to help put the flames out, except said drink was alcohol and that would not be helpful. So you did the much smarter thing and leaned across the counter to snatch a clean rag the bartender had left and started stifling the fire. As you were doing that, the man and everyone else around had caught on to what was happening.