boost of confidence

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。
requested info: bassett x fem
(y/n) is new to the cast of hsmtmts, she plays ricky's new love interest and actually grows a crush on joshua. her confidence is low so olivia and sofia help her with a small make over.

today was the last table read for the next scene the cast of hsmtmts would be filming. (y/n) joined the cast for season 2 and was casted as ricky bowen's new love interest. during the filming time, (y/n) felt herself grow a crush on joshua bassett himself.

however, she felt insecure against all the other ladies in the filming area and even some of the background students. she had many scenes with joshua but each time she was way too good at hiding her real emotions.

"(y/n) why don't you just talk to josh about this? not that i'm complaining, you gushing over him is kinda really adorable." sofia said as you, her and olivia sat in the trailer. "because there's no way he would ever like me. okay?" (y/n) sighed messing with her costume.

olivia looked over at sofia and back to (y/n). "and why wouldn't he? you're gorgeous, amazing, talented and the most incredible girl." olivia said listing all of her friend's great points. "i just see so many other pretty girls. and plus half the time i'm dressed in bummy outfits because i changed to my costumes when i come to work." she told the other two girls sadly.

"basically what i'm hearing is that you need a confidence boost to tell joshua you have a crush on him?" sofia perked up. (y/n) shrugged, not feeling at her highest. "a makeover! we can glam you up in a way so you feel good. nothing major, like i said. you're gorgeous already." olivia told her friends.

(y/n) started to protest but sofia squealed in delight. "yes! it'll be fun. we have tomorrow off and we can go shopping! the next day joshua won't know what to do with himself." (y/n) laughed and eventually agreed after a few more points were added.

this should be fun.

after filming was done for the day, sofia and olivia made plans to pick (y/n) up in the morning. the make over would start as soon as they got her.

the next day, (y/n) found herself at a spa with her close friends. "a spa?" she questioned, olivia happily nodded and spoke. "it's a relaxing day. and shopping. we need you to just stay calm and be yourself for josh."

during the massage and treatments, (y/n) and the girls talked about what she should say to joshua. during the time, joshua asked her what she was doing that evening to go bowling with him. showing the message with her friends they freaked out and moved the plans up.

"okay shopping asap and we can help you get ready!" sofia said already hustling inside of a store. hours passed and the girls got (y/n) some nicer jeans and sweaters for the weather in slc.

"casual, but cute." (y/n) told herself as they drove back to her temporary condo. sofia and olivia got to work on pampering their friend. even though (y/n) mainly did all her light make up she always did, they messed around with things and helped pick her outfit.

(y/n) really did only wear bummy clothing items. the girls settled on mom jeans, a thick sweater and coat with docs. olivia's idea for the boots, of course. sofia added accessories but not over stepping. (y/n) felt herself feel better as they finished off the touches.

"you're so cute! joshua will like you no matter what. don't forget that." olivia stayed sternly as (y/n) examines herself in the full length mirror. "you're right. but i needed this. i feel great, it's different and out of what i would normally wear out." she said and sofia saw a message saying joshua was outside in the parking ally.

the girls said goodbye as stayed in the condo until she would get home later. (y/n) took a deep breath before walking and getting into joshua's car. "hey! how are yo—" joshua started as he turned to look at the girl. he stopped before he finished as she looked different.

it was a way he had never seen her before. he didn't know she owned any jeans or different jewelry from the things she normal would wear. of course her character was very girly but this was different. "you look, pretty. good, pretty good." he laughed nervously as he stared at the sticky gloss on her lips.

(y/n) softly smiled as they drove to the local bowling alley.

"that's five strikes in a row! you sick bassett!" (y/n) laughed as joshua's jaw was slightly open. "you cheated. there's no way." he scoffed grabbing a ball for his turn. "don't be such a baby."

the game finished and they walked to the open pizza bar, sitting down with their food joshua watched her every move. she looked amazing, different in a good way. "you really do look beautiful tonight. it's different from what you usually wear, right?" he questioned biting the slice.

(y/n) felt her confidence lower, he hated it. she knew she shouldn't have changed. "yeah something new. wanted to get away from my lazy look." she tried to laugh. "i enjoy your lazy outfits. it's what makes you, you. but again, you're great in anything." joshua said shyly as he watched the smile appear on her face.

"really?" she questioned softly only for him to nod. "we should do this again, go out." (y/n) agreed. "you want to go out with me again?" questioning his words a second time.

"if you want, i just thought i would give it a shot.." joshua said feeling worried she didn't want to. "yeah, of course. i have to be honest, i changed my appearance to impress you. confidence boost at its finest." she laughed awkwardly.

joshua scrunched his eyebrows and asked why. "well i thought about how we share a love on the show. but there's so many beautiful girls in the show that you wouldn't actually want to go out with me anywhere in real life. i decided to clean up. then maybe you'd want to.."

this time he shook his head, "you know i asked you to come with me tonight before i knew you were going to get a boost of confidence in a make over, right?" he asked kindly stating at her. hoping she would understand she didn't need to change herself for him.

"i did now. where should we go next?" joshua smiled and put his arm around her shoulder as he thought of ideas. (y/n) felt the weight of her crush lift off her shoulders as she came to realization joshua liked her for her.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。

requested by: @myhazza_tomlinson this was so cute, i hope you like it! <3