35. wedding

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 16th MILLS!
February 19th, 1986 HAWKINS, INDIANA
Your POV:
The day was finally upon us. It was the day of a new beginning, a new love, a new family. I was at the hotel sharing a room with Kate. She went downstairs to get us breakfast, our hair was done yesterday. I had a half up-half down do, Kate had the same style. The only that separates us is that Kate has a flower hair pin and I have a shooting star pin. My mom brought us matching necklaces, bracelet, and earrings. She called it our 'thank you for being our girls!' gifts. I can't wait for the ceremony, it's at a small venue at golf club. I get a knock at the door.

"Who is it?!" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Who else?" She replied sassily. I opened the door letting her in. We ate food and watched Saturday cartoons, until there was another knock at the door. This time, Kate answers the door. Steve comes in and tells us to get our bags. We leave the hotel a hot mess, we go to the his house where my mom was staying at her sister's.

"I darlings, go change and don't mess up your hair please." My mom reminded. I went to the downstairs bathroom to change into my dress, I pull out the rollers in my hair, allowing the ends to be wavy. I put on light blush, mascara and lip gloss. I walk back upstairs and put on my pair of white wedges. Kate came downstairs and she and I talked for a while before my mom came from the other room.

"Mom-" I started, before Kate interjected.

"M/n you look lovely my dad will love it."

"Damn aunt m/n, you look stunning." Steve says impressed at my mother's all white, sleeveless dress, it was flowing but not touching the floor. Steve drives us to the venue where the party sat chatting among themselves. Everyone looked dazzling. Mike wore a black tux and ocean blue tie to match El's blue dress. Will sat next to her with a navy blue vest and black tie. Max wore a yellow dress and black flats, Lucas had a black tux on matching her as well. Tanner had a soft pink dress and Dustin wore a light grey tux. Lastly Richie had a  black tux like Mike's. Richie spotted me first after Steve left us to talk to Robin.

"Wow! Y/n you look beautiful." He says making me blush.

"You all look great!" I say looking at my friends, we sat down for a bit making small talk  before the ceremony starts. The vows were very beautiful, I could tell my mom was set on loving Thomas. (I don't remember the original name)

Time Skipppp

It was an hour later and dinner was about to served. That meant it time for Kate and I's speeches. Kate went first.

"Y/n, in the short time I've known you, I received a best friend for life, even better a sister. We all have our ups and downs but we fix it and love together. Y/n and I are very different but we'll stay up late when are parents are out, order pizza and watch scary movies. I know this is just the beginning of our new family but I feel like we've been family forever. I love you y/n." She blushed at the words seeing my emotional self crying. I wiped my tears and luckily my makeup is fine. I got up and started to read.

"Kate, in these last last magical 10 months, I've gained a person I can talk to. I love the way you see the good in people. Your soo kind and loving, it's infectious. I can't imagine a world without you. You're an amazing soul and there's no one else I would eat pizza with at two o'clock in the morning with. You give confidence on hard days and make me laugh on sad days. I would never ask for anyone else to be my sister."