36. girls

February 24th, 1986 HAWKINS, INDIANA
Third Person:
Things only went downhill from there. After the wedding the whole town went through a blackout. No school sounds perfect until they made everyone come to school on Saturdays. Yeah that sucks, and you know what's even worse— You can learn that on your own.

Your POV:
It's been a week and since I came back things are hectic. Tanner asked me to be with her seeing Liam while Dustin's at a science convention or something like that. It was full of reading, laughing, and a little bit of tears. Apparently laughter is the best medicine, the doctors said Liam's doing better. Tanner's soo happy in a way I haven't seen in a long time.

"So what's next on our agenda?" I ask Tanner.

"Okay, meet up with El and Max, hang out a bit, maybe walk around town a bit."

"We could have a girls day!"

"Great idea invite Kate we love her, also we need to go back to my place. We gotta get the rest of these books and return them to the library." She said.

"Alright I'll call her at your place." I nodded as we walked to Tanner's house. It was fairly big, we entered her house and set the books down.

"I gotta get my library card, be right back!" She yells running upstairs. I look around admiring the family pictures of the shelf. Tanner was holding on to Liam as their dad placed a hand on Liam's shoulder. They were all smiling, at the bottom read 'N.Y. — 1974'.

"That was our first picture right after the adoption. I was four and Liam was six." Tanner says from the staircase.

"You guys look so happy." In the more recent pictures the smiles weren't as genuine as the first.

"Yeah definitely happier times..." She trails off. "Did you ever have family pictures?" She asked.

"No, my dad didn't like pictures." I lightly smiled, if only she knew why.

"Did you call Kate?" She asked.

"Oh shoot, I forgot all about that!" I exclaimed. I picked up the phone, and my mom answered.

"Hey mom, where's Kate?" I asked.

"I have no idea She said she'll be out all day, why? Is something wrong?" She asked growing concerned.

"No, not at all, me and the girls were gonna hangout and they wanted to invite her."

"Okay, y/n have fun sweetheart!" She chirps hanging up the phone.

"Sooo...?" Tanner questions.

"She's not coming." I said.

"Aww that sucks, come on. Let's start Sunday funday!" She giggles.

Time Skipppp

We walked into the my room, El and Max joined us at McDonald's. We settled down, watching Aladdin.

"A wHoLe NeW wOrLdddd!" El giggles.

"Awe my girls!" My mom giggles. She loves the girls she treats them like her own, that's my mom. Everyone is family.

"Hey m/n!" They wave.

"As much I love your company, girls tomorrow it's getting late you already know how the power is. Be safe, goodnight my loves." She says leaving the room.

"Night girls, see you tomorrow!" I say showing them out. From the porch I watched as Kate and Troy kissed.

"Eww." I said nearly throwing up in my mouth.

"Oh, shut up!" They whined. They looked at each other and continued kissing.

"Just don't give her a hickey!" I said,making them laugh as I walk inside.

OKAY NOW IT'S MILLS BDAY!