"I don't let you die this time." (Engineer x Reader)

Last story in this book

Art by: 2Dark

  The force with the rocket exploded just behind your back caused you to fall through the broken window of the building next to you and hit the opposite wall. (y/n) fell hard to the ground. Terrible pain pierced her head, ribs and back. Red liquid dripped from your mouth and temples. You didn't have the strength to get up, so slowly with great effort you sat down leaning against a hard surface behind you. 

-Med... Medic!

For your silent cry for help, another explosions and the sounds of shots answered. Doctor's voice was dying among them. All that was left is to wait for the pain to ease. Your health monitor showed 20/125 hp. The first aid kit should be nearby. To the end of the corridor, turn left and right once.

Finally, the moment has come when your strength has returned. Leaning with one hand against the dirty wall, with the other holding your belly you slowly moved forward. Everything seemed to spin around, but you didn't give up. 

-Five minutes left till the end of the mission!  

The voice from the loudspeaker above you, reminding you of your goal, gave you adrenaline. You have to hurry. You were almost there, slowly leaning out from behind the wall with a gun in your hand to see if there was anyone there.

Clear. The first aid kit was standing right next to the ammunition box. Feeling the wave of energy, you ran towards the desired item. Too bad you didn't notice the sticky bomb right behind the first-aid bottle. The only remnant of a enemy Demoman. 

You didn't even feel when it ripped you to shreds. 

  The next thing you saw after the darkness of respawn was the ceiling of it's room. The entrance gate opened, Scout ran in and grabbed some ammunition and a ball from the cupboard then he ran out without noticing you. (y/n) also went into battle after him, without thinking about where she go next. 

On your way you came across the owner of the item, which caused your previous "death". He suspected nothing when you approached him from behind. Probably because of the amount of alcohol in his veins. Two loud shots to the head took care of him. The dead body collapsed to the ground with a slow, soft bump. 

(y/n) was too far away to hear it.

Killing Spy on the way, you've come halfway to a enemy briefcase. Slowly moving forward, you walked forward surprisingly without facing other fighters. It was alarming. 

-Maybe this is my lucky day... 

-You've failed!  

-...never mind. 

Automatically, your weapon disappeared and the round of slaughter, "adored by everyone", began. You could have been killed and send to respawn, but if you were unlucky, the enemy could play with you a little. Slowly and painfully. Flame thrower wasn't a pleasant option either. The best was just a quick escape to the base where was safe. Unless Soldier got to you. Then you were fucked. 

It was always worth a try. You had to be careful. Your opponents will head back to their base after killing your team. Exactly where you are now. The sound of running steps took you out of your thoughts. Somebody was coming. The barrels and crate behind you were the only hiding place. You had to squeeze in between them and hope no one would look in there. 

(y/n) was listening to what is going on around her. 

-You got anythin'?  

Scout asked his companion, who was nowhere to be seen.