merry christmas, baby

Ricky entered the room with a cheeky grin on his face and a deep blush in his cheeks. Hands behind his back, he cleared his throat to get Nini's attention. He looked at her sitting there, her back against the arm of the couch and her knees close to her chest. A book was resting against her knees above the plush blanket that hid her tiny body. Her hair was in tied in a loose bun and her glasses rested towards the tip of her nose - she only wore them to read, if anyone saw her wearing them she would die. Anyone other than Ricky, that is. She took her eyes off her book and sat her glasses on the top of her head. She knew that look. He did something he wasn't supposed to.

"Yes?" she sighed. She noticed Ricky's Christmas sweater, which was green and covered in Christmas trees and elves and other Christmasy things. Nini bit her lip to avoid letting a chuckle slip. Ricky fumbled around for a minute, giggling to himself, and then he suddenly composed himself.

"Okay, so, I know we said we weren't getting each other gifts this year but-" Nini groaned and threw her head back. She looked at him, cutting him off. She closed her book and set it on the table beside the couch.

"Ricky, no. You didn't," a smile began to form on Nini's face. She scrunched her nose happily and rested her palms against her face.

"Oh, but I did," Ricky laughed, "and I think you're gonna love it." He moved his hands to the front of his body, a small box resting in them, and hovered them in front of his navel. He glanced behind her for a moment before taking a double take and frowning. "Oh, Neens, one of the ornaments looks messed up. Maybe you should get up there and fix it?" His soft eyes melted at her beauty and he looked at her with what one may call "love eyes".

"Oh, thanks, bubs. We both know how my moms would feel about any decorations not being perfect. You remember the whole stocking fiasco of 2015, right?" Nini stood up on the couch and turned to the tree. She began adjusting the different ornaments and Ricky admired her tiny body, which was covered in mostly his clothes. "Is that good?" She turned around to him, only to see he wasn't where he was before.

Now, Ricky was at the foot of the couch, knelt on one knee with the box in his hands and love in his eyes. A gasp emerged from her as her hand flew to her mouth. Tears welded up in her eyes and little squeals could just be heard.

"Ricky, what are you doing?" She choked out.

"Um, is that a trick question?" He furrowed his brows, smiling. Nini shut her eyes gently and laughed. Ricky extended his right hand and she took it in hers, allowing him to help her down off the couch from his spot on the floor.

"Nina Salazar-Roberts-"

"Yes!" She yelled excitedly.

"Nini! I wasn't done!" He exclaimed.

"Right, right, sorry. Continue." Nini's face was bright red and tears were cascading down her beautiful, olive skin.

"Nina Salazar-Roberts, will you be the Frosty to my Snowman, the Gabriella to my Troy, and be my girlfriend?" He asked, and he too began to tear up. She smacked his shoulder playfully. She furrowed her eyebrows and began to ponder.

"Of course, you big idiot!" He lept from his spot and kissed her passionately, picking her up gently and embraced her tightly. He pulled away from the hug and held her face in his hands.

"Merry Christmas, bug." He closed his eyes and rested his forehead against hers, smiling.

Needless to say, that was both Nina Salazar-Roberts and Richard Bowen's best Christmas.