Epilogue Part 1

Rose's POV

For the whole of the 74th Hunger Games, I sat in my living room on the couch with Jocelyn, Shawna, Rex and my mother. We all watched Clove in the Tribute parade, she looked beautiful and regal, that's something I never thought of my baby sister as. For her scoring, everyone was sitting on the edge of the couch clutching each other's hands and praying for a good score. When the 10 popped up and the 5-1 I swear the neighbors we on the brink of calling the Peace Keepers for disturbance during the night. The 5 of us watched the Games anxiously. Clove was doing well; she had killed the most so far. When that girl from 1 started to bother her (what was her name? Glitter?) Jocelyn started yelling some very rude things at her, including a place where she should stick one of her arrows. When Katniss dropped the Tracker Jackers on the sleeping Alliance, everyone was yelling at Katniss for dropping them, at Rue for pointing them out even though Clove said that no one was to hurt her, and at Glimmer for falling asleep during her watch.

We all cheered at Glimmer's death, though. The 5 of us watched as the screen showed 5 different people suffering from the Tracker Jacker venom. Then when the supplies blew up, Cato had a temper tantrum, it already showed that Clove and him were in a relationship, but when he threw his tantrum he seemed especially mad at 3 and Clove. I saw 3 kiss Clove, but she immediately pushed him away and told him she liked someone else, 3 looked hurt and that was the last thing Clove said to 3 before his death. Then the fight that Cato and Clove had, she didn't even try and defend herself when Cato sliced her leg. Jocelyn was literally screaming at the top of her lungs at Cato, describing exactly where he should stick his sword next. Of course, Clove healed her leg pretty quickly with her special Capitol medicine and she got back together with Cato. At the second part Jocelyn was screaming at Clove for going back with the good for nothing worthless jealous bastard.

Then there was the feast, Clove went after Katniss as soon as she appeared, throwing a knife right above her eye, nice Clove. I was never good with knives, I never understood them. We all watched as thresh ran to the table and was leaving, but he turned when Clove said Rue's name, she did always have a temper.

"Turn around Clove!" We're all screaming, but she was too concentrated on Katniss to notice the giant mountain coming behind her.

Then the mountain grabbed her, throwing her to the ground.

"WHAT'D YOU DO TO THAT LITTLE GIRL?! YOU KILL HER?!"

"No! No, it wasn't me!" Clove is panicking.

"YOU SAID HER NAME! I HEARD YOU! YOU KILL HER? YOU CUT HER UP LIKE YOU WERE GOING TO CUT UP THIS GIRL HERE?!"

"No! No, I -" Clove sees the rock in Thresh's hand and loses it, why doesn't she just throw a knife into Thresh? "CATO! CATO!" Clove is screaming for me at the top of her lungs.

"CLOVE!" The screen shows Cato, giving up chase on the girl from 5 to rush to Clove's aid. He arrives out of the forest in time to see Thresh smash in Clove's head. We all shrieked at that, it's obvious from the dent in her skull that Clove isn't going to make it, back home or even another 20 minutes. Jocelyn is sobbing and Shawna is comforting her while silent tears stream down her eyes. My mother's face is in her hands and her body is shaking, and Rex is just staring, paralyzed at the screen projector.

Katniss and Thresh have a conversation. "Clove!" Cato yells, his voice is pained, he knows that there's no way to save her.

"You better run now, Fire Girl." Thresh tells Katniss, who flips over and runs away into the woods. Thresh is running towards his plain, with 2 black backpacks on his shoulder, one that says 2 and the other 11.

"Clove!" Cato calls again, she's still alive, no cannon, but she's dying. Cato runs to Clove's side, spear in hand and his sword in the sheath. He kneels next to her, "Clove, please, please, stay with me." Cato begs.