Together Alone - 3

Mullai smiles....she knows every stress and pause he makes while he speaks, what it means and more.

M: Seri seri ...nalaiku nerla vaanga ..naan kaathukitu irukean.

K: he realized.. she understood his notion and she reassured the same.

nothing more needs to be spoken or discussed..they both knew what they wanted...

K:nanumdhaan..Seri veikarean.

M:mmmm seringa.

They both hung up the phone with the hope that the other would catch up some sleep....but they did so only to indulge more in the other.🥰💕

Kathir looked at the shawl and saw the engarved word, the magical word of his life "Mullai" and recollected how she must have felt happy and proud about the shawl and how special it was for her..

Eventually the thought that made him more happy was..the concern with which she packed the shawl for him...she gave him the most special shawl of hers..

a feeling that someone thinks about us..cares for us and more so lovingly does everything for us...and that someone is so near to us... The feeling of being loved.

Who wouldn't want to sink in that pleasure...he was filled with joy...and then a sudden thought struck him...

Oh..how did he miss this..he recollected how she was possessive about the shawl and astoundingly realized....how she explained she was not ready to share it even with her dad...

he apparently overheard this and did not dwell into it much when she spoke.

He knows how much she loves her dad..he was the most special person in her life. she shared a special bond with him and was her closest confidante.

He just can't believe how she had made it clear that she has shared the shawl with him, only him...not even her dad. 🥰

she made a very important point...she had no apprehensions sharing her shawl with him, he felt special and it was so momentous..

And then instantly it struck him and he realized..he had been having unraveling ideas and misconceptions about her...

He is now sure there must have been some misunderstanding on the other day when he overheard her conversation..

now everything seems to have changed...he does not bother to know about it any more...for it seemed to be obsolete.

He clearly is elated and looked at the shawl.. tugged it close, wrapped around him tight as though he hugged her passionately. Was into the warmth for minutes together...

Then he pulled the right corner of the shawl.. traced the words with his fingers softly....and his hands picked the shawl and moved towards his mouth.

He then blew a soft silent kiss on the words inscribed, "mullai" ..his mullai.❤️❤️

Tugged the corner close to his heart and slept at ease.

Elsewhere she was drenched in his thoughts and could not get over him... She could not sit or sleep..

started walking back and forth...she was not sure how she will get past that night. Every second passed by hard...she reminisced the moments they had...

It felt blissfull and eternal...❣️❣️

and while walking she sighted his pillow...

Quickly moved near the shelf, picked the pillow, looked at it and thought how he used to play part with it...

it was no less a kinfolk to him...

She felt it was all about him and the pillow seemed to be an extension of himself..how did she miss noticing this...

She couldn't hold herself from hugging the pillow..

She felt elated....as though it was him... She could feel him through the pillow and his smell eventually made it so close and real..she lazed in the warmth...infinitely...

That night she seemed to beam brighter than the moon...her face reflective of her heart.

Lying down with the pillow..she couldn't stop feeling shy and laughed out..happy thoughts all around her...her imagination knew no bounds...she was in her own world...

she seemed to have lived an entire lifetime with him in her imagination🥰

she hugged the pillow tight, as much as she can..like the most precious one she had...and didn't realize when she slept..

They both were alone but that did not stop them from being together. They indeed were "Together alone"❤️❤️

The end.