Fifteen Ways to Stop Pretending

1. Do not give him your White Dragon. He wants it. You know he wants it.
Ride the White Dragon far, far away.
2. Dream of a time when you felt love never mattered. Sure, the shards hurt when you jiggle them from side to side; but you never could feel the tears. As you would yank one out, s l o w l y, pieces would break off and be left – stuck inside you. You will never get them out.
3. Take a moment to breathe. Dance around the hallways, scream that you made it out of the deep dark, depressed tunnel, alive; you survived.
4. Strike his precious Magic cards with your lightning power. You knew you had it all along, you were just too afraid to believe.
5. Let go of his hand. Never reach for it.
6. Pet his cat once, pet you cat twice. Pet your dog in heaven a million times. You miss her.
7. Stop breathing. Allow your skin to turn blue, your eyes, cold, black; lifeless. Watch your ghost dance next to you; that's the life you long for.
8. Ponder once more, whether he deserves your White Dragons a token of what never was.
9. Learn to play his Magic. Kick his righteous ass at it at every turn.
10. Use the chard you were struck with to write him a message:
I LOATHE YOU.
11. Stop pretending things will change.
12. For the love of all that is sane, PLEASE stop with the youknowwho dreams.
13. Give your cat a hug. He purrs when he likes it.
14. Breathe. You have survived his absence, his ignorance, even his strange obsessions.
15. LEAVE.