Chapter 1

Rachel's POV

Honestly I've never been happier! The war with Gaia has just ended and the Romans are now good friends with us! They decided to stay with us for a little while to celebrate. There's just one thing I'm not so happy with. Octavian.
Turns out that he has somehow survived that incident during the war. And since the Apollo cabin is full he needs to stay with me in my cave since he is my Roman equivalent. Honestly it sucks.
I had just put on a paint splattered t-shirt along with black leggings in the bathroom. And right when I was about to brush my hair I heard Octavian's stupid little voice outside.
"How long does it take for you to get ready? You are so slow!" Yelled Octavian from the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes them yelled back at him. "This is my cave! I can take as much time as I want!"
I quickly got out of the bathroom and shot him a glare. Just to find his scowl staring right back at me. I studied his scowling face. Octavian's deep blue eyes seemed to pierce straight through me. He then took a step forward and looked at me straight in the eye.
"Look here Dare, I didn't ask to be here. You dirty little Greeks are manipulating us! You and your dirty little tricks!" I looked straight back at him with the most serious expression I could put on. "What did you just say?" I snarled at him. He grinned with an evil expression. "I said dirty little Greeks!"
What does this augur think he's saying! He is just as annoying as the last time I met him with Grover. I'm fact he's just as annoying as ever! How dare he go around taunting us with his ridiculous insults! It was then when I decided to talk. "What do you have to say for yourself? Your nothing but an augur! You tear stuffed animals for goodness sake! At least I actually get my powers from a god."
I let That sink in for a few seconds until he started to clench his fists. He then spoke. "Mocking me when you have nothing to say for yourself? You are nothing but a mortal! Not a demigod but a useless mortal that gets its powers from a god! Ha! How pathetic!"
That was when I snapped. Insulting me like that was a mistake. I lunged at him taking out one of my hidden knives from my pockets. But he was quicker. Octavian could see it coming and dodged my attack leaving me flying straight on to the floor.
I quickly got up with embarrassment while looking down at the floor. I then look up to see him grinning with satisfaction. Greeks." He said " They never see anything coming. " I clenched my fists and looked at him straight in the eye. "You stupid augur! Taunting like that! What satisfaction does it give you?" I yell straight at him.
I wish that I could shadow travel like Nico. Being insulted like that hurt. I wanted to dissolve into darkness. I really did feel pathetic. But still I have to stay strong. I took one last look at him then scurried away to breakfast. His expression was hard to interpret but it looked like a bit of anger and maybe even a little despair. Wait what am I thinking? He's Octavian for goodness sake, what sadness would he hold?

I have been meaning to write this for a long time but never really did so. Hope you liked the first chapter! Who's excited for the new TOA book???