Chapter 2

OCTAVIAN'S POV
        How dare a Greek insult me? and to top that off leave before I can respond! It wasn't my decision to stay here! I thought that maybe they could just send me back at Camp Jupiter or something. But noooo! They put me with a stupid oracle!
         The truth is that there was plenty of room in the Apollo cabin. But obviously no one cared about anything I did. Everyone avoided me. Honestly I don't blame them. I'm a monster and a mistake. What am I still alive?
         Even I don't know how I'm still in one piece. Perhaps it was the blessing of Apollo.... Wait who am I kidding? Apollo doesn't care about me either.
          I stared at the ground until I snapped out of it and headed out of the cave and towards the woods. Honestly it's the only private place there is around here. Stupid Greeks do not know how to design a camp.
          I started walking around for a while until I stopped and studied my surroundings. I was near a shimmering lake surrounded with trees. Flowers swayed back and forth while a refreshing breeze blew strands of hair out of my face. I sighed, nature was special to me. It's the only thing that doesn't turn me away.
          "It's beautiful isn't it?" Called a voice from afar. I froze and looked around. A girl came out from behind some trees and started walking towards me. She had long brown hair and what seemed to be violet eyes. She was wearing a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and some simple jeans. She looked about my age and had a reassuring smile.
          I studied her, she seemed like a nice person. Not someone who would try to stab you with a dagger. I then spoke. "Who are you and why were you hiding behind some trees?" She shrugged and began to speak. "This is my favorite spot around here. It's like the only place with privacy." I grinned "Ya think?"
           The girl began to laugh. "My name's Estella daughter of Demeter." I sighed then spoke. "I'm Octavian." Estella then blinked. "Like the crazy Roman dude who launched himself into the sky?" I shrugged. "Yup that's me."
           Estella tilted her head then spoke. "Your not as bad as what people say you are." I rolled my eyes then spoke. "Gee thanks" Estella began to laugh.
          Honestly I'm not that bad if you get to know me. I only act rude to people that are rude in the first place. Such as Rachel. Gods Rachel needs to shut up.

Rachel's POV
          About two weeks have passed since the day that the Romans came. I'm really looking forward to the day where Octavian leaves.
           Now that breakfast is over I need to head back to the cave. Exactly where Octavian is. Words hurt and he should know that! I already know that I'm not special! I know that I get powers from a god! Yeah Octavian I know that I'm just a mere mortal! SO WHAT!?
          Gods he's annoying. Why did he have to stay with me? I sighed then quickly got back to the cave. There I saw Octavian sitting on his bed tearing into a stuffed bear. I scoffed. "Playing with your toys augur?"
          He gritted his teeth and looked straight at me. "Dare." He growled in a disgusted tone. I smirked. Octavian got up, but before he could yell at me the conch shell sounded. "See ya next time I taunted as I quickly ran outside.
          I got to the pavilion just in time to hear what Chiron had to say. "Hello campers! We will soon begin our one legged fight! The directions are easy. Split up into pairs and then tie one of you and your partners legs together. After that rules are simple. Fight till we have the last ones standing!" Roman and Greek campers cheered with delight. Especially the Ares and Mars kids.
          Everyone then started pairing up. Dryads began handing campers long straps of fabric to tie around their legs. And Naiads began handing weapons to campers that had nothing to fight with.
          I looked around for someone to pair with when I spotted Estella. I walked over to her wondering if she wanted to be my partner. That was until I saw her eyeing someone. And that someone just happened to be Octavian.
           "Are you looking at Octavian?" I asked. Estella jumped and almost fell back. "Oh him? What no! Why would I be looking at the crazy Roman dude?" Replied Estella with a panicked expression. I thought about it and decided that Estella must be telling the truth. Octavian is definitely not worth it. And he is pretty crazy. But still something about her expression is off....... Eh.
           I then noticed Will and Nico walking over towards us. "Hey guys." Said Will as cheerful as ever. Nico stuck with his bored expression. "Nico has been doing a lot better in the infirmary since the last battle." Said Will. After hearing that Nico's expression changed into a small smile, though I could tell he was trying hard not to show it. "Hey Estella do you have a partner?" Asked Will. Nico's smile immediately dropped and turned back into his usual expression.
          At first Estella stayed silent. Then she finally managed to speak. "No I don't have a partner." Replied Estella with a smile. Though I could see a tiny bit of disappointment in her eyes. Hmm I wonder what that's about, Wills not that bad. Well actually dumping Nico like that was pretty bad.
          Will immediately became Estella's partner and then they both left to get a strap of fabric. Nico sighed and looked down. "Want to be partners?" He asked in the most gloomy way possible. I smile and accept. Heartbreak can be very serious especially if it's a Hades kid.
           We quickly got a fabric strip and got ready to fight the others. Nico took out his sword and I took out the dagger that I kept in my pocket. It was a little hard to walk but we got the hang of it. We learned how to keep up with each other and fight with synchronization. Gods I am going to beat Octavian up.