Chapter 3

Octavian's POV
I immediately left after hearing Chiron's instructions. I have much better things to do. It's not like I didn't want to participate, it's just that no one really wants to play with the crazy Roman dude. After all I did plan to take over the camps. But I did it for a reason.
I believed that maybe if I had power then people would accept me more. Well that backfired. Now everyone hates me even more and I can't really do anything about it.
I went back to the cave. Who knows what I'll do there, but it's better then getting targeted by like 20 people. I think about it and decided that no one will ever accept me. No one understands and therefore no one sees things the way I do.
Once I got to the cave I sat on my rickety old bed. Sooner or later I fell asleep. Yeah it was in the middle of the day, but who cares? If I'm sleepy then I sleep. Hopefully I don't get those painful nightmares of childhood memories again.

Rachel's POV
The game was pretty great. Me and Nico didn't win but it was fun. I just wondered where Octavian was. Maybe he got eliminated too quickly for me to spot him. Ha, makes sense.
I hurried back to the cave when I saw Octavian sleeping. I just stared at him. Why do people look so young when they sleep? His expression was calm. Something you usually never see. And his lips formed a small smile. Not the maniacal one he usually wears, but a peaceful one.
Warmth entered my body. What am I feeling? I don't like it at all. Please tell me that this will go away. My cheeks heat up, and I hurried to the bathroom, closing the door behind me.
It was then when I heard it, a shriek coming from none other then Octavian. I peak out the door to see a twisting and turning Octavian, still asleep but terrified.
My instincts take over, and I walk out the door and towards him. I then kneel down and hold his hand tightly. What am I doing? Isn't this like creepy? My cheeks turn pink from embarrassment, but Octavian calms down and returns to his peaceful sleep. I really hope he didn't realize that I was holding his hand.
What's this feeling? It's a mix of embarrassment and longing. It's called love says the Piper within my ear. Ugh, how do I get out of this situation?
I slowly walk away and then run outside the cave. I need to get away from Octavian before this love gets worse. It makes my heart ache, but I need to talk to Piper.