Dragonstorm

That's it, it's over. I watched hopelessly as the sword came down. I saw Optimus look at me. He wanted me to be the last thing he saw before he died... Again. We nearly died then and there.

But, we didn't.

I suddenly felt the burning again. Burning, burning, burning! I looked back at Optimus and saw that time seemed to slow down. My senses confused, I looked at the talisman that moved over to my unbroken arm; and seemed to be moving more. I saw it move across my arm and starting transform, then I blacked out.

'Follow your urge, and your trust will merge'

These words rang over and over again in my mind. I trusted myself and the Wise One's words and let everything take place. I didn't know exactly what was taking place, but I knew it was something important.

Then, I snapped my eyes open.

Holy shit! I was standing, I was standing over Optimus. I looked up where I felt great strength and saw a brilliant sword blinding me in the sunlight's glaze.

I looked past the sword and saw a Guardian who was blocked by me. He let go, and so did I. I looked at the sword, was it the talisman's true form?

"The hell just happened..." I mumbled, I looked down and saw Optimus. I immediately dropped the sword to the floor and knelt down to see if my husband was hurt.

I saw that he was breathing. I gently held his cheek and made him look at me. He put his servo over mine and leaned into it as he looked into my eyes with depression.

"Y/n..." he whispered. "I have failed you... I have failed everyone... I have doomed earth..." He mumbled as he looked down. "Earth... Who's people... You let me call it... Home..."

As these words felt him lips, it was like his soul had left him. He then got up onto his knees. He looked at me, and I looked at him. I eased my arms around him and pulled him softly into a hug.

He hugged me back, but he's never hugged me like this before. This time was different, it was a hug of support to both of us. Everyone around us was watching, but Optimus and I didn't care right now. We needed each other after a long time of detachment.

"Listen." I whispered into his audio sensor. "We can still fix this. I know we are stuck, but we still have time." I whispered softly and I stroked the back of his helm with my finger tips. "We can't do it with out you. I know your you feel as though your gone, but please try to keep that leader in you. Then, after all this, you can be at peace with yourself. You can let go with me. I promise."

Optimus and I slowly parted. He looked at me for a second, then nodded quietly. He then looked at the Guardians.

"My brothers," he addressed as he got up. "I will never betray you again. I, am Optimus Prime. To save earth, we must go to Cybertron, and destroy Quintessa." Everyone nodded and ran back into the ship for a escape pod.

"Dude" I mumbled as I picked the sword up. "Is this mine? Hell Yeah!" I said in amazement as I showed Optimus my new sword. He hummed in amusement as he picked up his sword. I then saw Cogman walk up to me, a spare lead attached to Molly.

"Mam, I will take care of her. Go! Go save Earth!" He reassured, I looked at Molly with her little hopeful eyes and wagging tail before turning at follow Optimus.

We get into a escape pod (the humans went on a helicopter) and flew down to Earth. When we got out, I saw a figure running at us.

"Hey!.. Hey!.." he then stopped and put his hands on his knees; catching his breath.  "I can't do this alien shit anymore, man... Way too much shit to deal with..."