Chapter 13: Kim Seojun

When Seojun leapt out of the way, he landed on his ankle wrong. He fell to the ground with the most terrible timing with his gun sliding across the hall. The infected dog turned to him and approached slowly. He scrambled to his feet in a panic, pain shooting up his left leg as he applied pressure to it. The canine readied itself to leap again, he knew he wouldn't be able to avoid it a second time. Just as he readied himself for impact, an object flew across the room and smacked it right in the side of the head. The canine turned, full attention to the attacker. Kittichai had thrown his phone to get its attention. Seojun couldn't help but briefly admire Kittichai's aim.

"Get out of here! Go to the train, I will distract it!" Kittichai shouted at Seojun and the remaining group. Seojun nodded as he led the group down the hall and past the most immediate danger, which made him silently thank Kittichai. He slowly lagged behind the group as he limped.

As they got closer to the end of the hall, the rest of the group slowed, jogging behind the detective. Seojun glanced around the corner, it was mostly clear except for an orange haired man who was walking at a fast pace. He watched for a brief second and realized the man wasn't alone. Another canine hunted the oblivious man from behind. Seojun looked at the small group of five.

"Run as fast as you can, don't stop until you are on the train. Let's go." He whispered the order to them before running out first.

The orange haired man turned around just as the canine went to pounce. Seojun was a little faster, yanking the man out of the way by his arm.

"Watch out!" He shouted. Seojun had pulled the man with so much force it caused the man to lose his balance. The detective kept a firm grip on his arm in order to keep the man from falling. "Follow me closely, and don't look back!" He ordered, quickly dragging the man until he was steady enough to run on his own. He led the confused man onto the first train car, immediately after the other five people. The detective looked at the man he had dragged along with him. He recognized him, but he couldn't remember his name, Mansik or something. Seojun had helped Mansik deal with a crazy stalker fan. It was the case that had gotten him promoted to detective. The stalker was actually a sasaeng who secretly murdered her past idol's girlfriend. Since Seojun solved the homicidal sasaeng case, he got a promotion.

A passenger on the train stated something, but Seojun was too lost in thought to acknowledge it. He zoned out as another passenger on the train jogged over and closed the train door, right before groups of creatures rammed into the door.

"Seojun hyung?" Someone asked, his name drawing his attention. Seojun turned to look at the speaker, it was a handsome man with silver hair.

"Taehyun-ah?" Seokjin rushed over to Taehyun. He pulled the silver haired man in for a long hug. The hug clearly caught Taehyun off guard, as Seojun felt him tense up. He had briefly forgot that Taehyun was somewhat uncomfortable with physical contact.

"What is happening, why are you and Hanwoo here?" Taehyun asked the detective. Seojun looked to where Hanwoo sat on the opposite side of the train car.

"Hanwoo-ssi?" Seojun released Taehyun and went to greet the other detective now. He looked Hanwoo up and down with concern, "What happened to you? Why do you look like that? Why are you here?" Seojun took a deep breath, "I'm glad you are here, that means you aren't in danger."

He watched as Hanwoo looked up at him with a defeated look, "I-I think I may have caused some trouble."

"What do you mean?" Seojun queried. As the officers were talking, Seojun failed to notice that Taehyun came over to them.

"What the hell is going on, someone care to explain!?" A dark green haired man shoved his way in between the detectives. "Why did that person just faceplant into the door?" The man asked in an angry tone as he pointed to the blood trailing down the glass door.