Chapter 1: Kittichai Shinawatra

Name: Kittichai Shinawatra

Pronunciation: Kitty-Kai

Korean name is Park HoSung

Nationality: Korean-Thai (Mother is Thai, Father is Korean.)

___________

   Staring out his apartment window at the busy streets of Busan, he hadn't slept properly for days. Each day had passed by with a restlessness that couldn't be explained. What was it that was making him uneasy? He wasn't really sure if he wanted to find out, as everything about it felt unsettling.

    The young man had recently turned 20, but he wasn't really sure what he wanted to do with his life, he hadn't worked up the motivation to figure it out either. Looking to the sky in hopes to lighten his mood he gave a disappointed sigh, the sky was cloudy and gray.

   A moment passed before he turned his attention to the watch on his wrist. His stomach growling as he read the time. It was going on 12:30 in the afternoon; he had slept in due to the lack of sleep lately and hadn't eaten yet. Beginning to ponder about what to eat, he considered his options. After careful consideration he decided he would go out to eat, since he doesn't like to cook unless he has guests over.

   Getting dressed, he carelessly tossed his sleepwear to the side. It landed on the floor which already had quite a few articles of clothing laying about, some even dangled over the nearby furniture. He paid little attention to the messy surroundings as he grabbed his phone from off of his bed and went to fix his hair. He casually checked himself over in the mirror, the dark circles under his eyes were barely visible as they blended in with his tan complexion. With the shrug of his shoulders he walked towards the exit, making sure to grab his headphones from the nightstand before walking out of his apartment.

   Exiting the building, he began to walk to the restaurant. The further he got from home the more restless he became; maybe he was just being paranoid, but he couldn't put his finger on the exact feeling of unease. The uneasiness caused Kitt to look over his shoulder every now and then to make sure he wasn't being followed or something.

   Finally arriving at the restaurant, he ordered jjigae as he sat down at the table. Once he was done eating, he played on his phone for a while; not mentally prepared to go back out onto the streets yet.

A/N: Jjigae are Korean stews. There are many varieties; they are typically made with meat, seafood or vegetables in a broth seasoned with gochujang (red chili paste), doenjang (soybean paste), ganjang (type of soy sauce) or saeu-jeot (salted fermented shrimp).

   After about an hour, the waitress asked him if he could give up his table, which he respectfully obliged. As he left the building the uneasiness returned. Pushing the feeling to the back of his mind, Kitt began to venture around town. He wasn't ready to return to his home just yet; after all, the only thing waiting for him back at his apartment was his intrusive thoughts.

  As he wandered around, he would stop occasionally at store windows to look at what they had on display. One store he stopped at had an outfit on the display mannequin that made him smile a bit. It was an outfit that was modelled by his best friend just a couple weeks prior. He couldn't help but feel proud of his friend as he stared at the outfit, after all, they had been friends since they were young. Kitt was the person who had originally suggested that they become a model, that friend was now one of the top models of South Korea.

   Kittichai was lost in thought as loud music suddenly blared from around the buildings corner. The music came so abruptly that it had caused him to jump, startling him. Placing a hand over his racing heart, he walked towards the sound of the music. Walking around the corner to the location of the music, he could see a man doing a solo dance, his orange hair bouncing with the rhythm. The man looked rather handsome and probably was no more than 5 years older than Kitt. He wasn't overly familiar with Korean artists as he usually listened to Thai music or English rock bands, so he couldn't put a name to the dancer's face; however, he could tell that the artist was quite popular as a large group of girls were squealing and chanting something. Honestly he could understand that the artist was popular, his music was pretty decent and he was good-looking. Even Kitt was enjoying his music, he was surprised to find that the music was soothing his uneasy feeling. With the unease temporarily settling, he decided to stay until the end of the performance hoping it would calm his nerves a bit more.