Hold On

⚠️ 🚨 Trigger Warning 🚨 ⚠️ 

Blood, cutting, suicide, self harm, hospitals, death (possibly)

Message from the Author:

This might be a little triggering to some people. Please do not read if you are uncomfortable with topics such as self harm and suicide. I care about you. You are loved. Remember that your skin isn't paper, it shouldn't be cut. Remember that your life isn't a movie, it doesn't have to end. I am here if you need to talk ♥️🖤🦋

They were fighting, again. It seemed like that was the only thing they did nowadays. Betty had accused Jughead not loving her anymore, and he had denied, like always, and told her that she was the only woman in his life – and she was. Now she was sitting  in the bathroom, a blade between her fingers while he was on the other side of the door, begging her to come out.

She sucked in a deep breath as she heard him speak. "Betty, please come out, we can talk about this." She spat back her response as she placed the blade on the skin of her thighs. 

"What is there to talk about Forsythe!?" 

He let out a sigh and dropped his head into his hands. "Us, Elizabeth. I love you, do you hear me. I love you. Three words, eight letters. I love you, and I always will," he responded to her. "I just want to talk.

She sighed and pressed the blade into her skin, watching as the thick, dark red liquid flowed from the cut onto the white tiled floor, painting it with a wave of color. "There isn't anything to talk about, if you ask me. Even if you do love me, you never tell me, you're never here, you don't even write me a note in the mornings before you leave, I just wake up alone!" Her words mixed with her sobs as she spoke, the tears falling from her face mixing and mingling with the blood on the floor.

She pressed the blade into another part of her skin, continuously. The flow of the blood relaxed her as it made it's way down her leg. She let out a sob as she continued, cutting from the top of her leg to her knee.

Jughead heard his girlfriend crying and felt his heart break. "Betts, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please don't cry. I can figure something out, I can ask if I can leave home later and come back home earlier. I'm so sorry that I haven't been making you feel loved like I was supposed to. I'm a horrible boyfriend, I know."

He had expected to hear some witty or sarcastic remark, but instead was met with a deathly silence. "Betty? Please answer me?" No response once again. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit." He muttered to himself as he stood up and banged on the door. "Come on Betty. open the door, this isn't funny."

He finally managed to open it, and the sight in front of his eyes was one he would never be able to eliminate again. Betty, his wonderful ray of sunshine and smiles, was laying weakly on the floor, surrounded by pool of blood, her blood. "Betts." he managed to breathe out as he laid his fingers on her neck, looking for a pulse. He let out a sigh when he found it beating faintly. "No, no, no. No Betty, please, please don't leave me."

He grabbed a towel and pressed it onto her wounds. He felt a weak hand gripping his wrist and looked down at his lovers face. "Why do you care? You don't love me, no one does." She said to him, her lower lip quivering. 

"That's not true, alright? I love you, I want you. You just have to hold on so that I can prove it to you, okay?" She nodded as her eyes started to flutter closed. "Keep your eyes open for me, okay? We've gotta go to a hospital."  He lifted her up and brought her down to their car.

Placing her in the passenger seat, he got in on the other side and started the endless drive to the building with the white walls. The silence next to him made him feel like he was going to cry. He couldn't believe that Betty Cooper, his bubbly, happy ray of sunshine could want this. Could want death over life, when she was so full of life.

The highway seemed long and endless, and the silence beside him didn't help. It seemed as though he was trapped in a nightmare. He pulled up to Riverdale general, where everything seemed to happen in a blur. The doctors took her away while he sat down and called Archie, Veronica, Betty's mother and his Father, all of whom were there almost immediately.

"Betty Cooper?"

 Jughead stood up. "I'm her boyfriend. How is she? Is she okay?"

"She's awake, and she's asking for a 'Jug-head?' Room 227."

With that he rushed upstairs to see the love of his life with a needle in her arm and tears in her eyes. "I thought I lost you. I was so scared." He threw his arms around her.

"I'm sorry Jug. I don't deserve you."

"Stop. You're okay, and that's all that matters."