00

Simula

One summer night with her shook everything in me.

Keziah Vian Hall is famous. The word famous seems lacking to describe how popular she is inside and outside the campus. She's still young. She's a Grade 10 student Grade 10 yet a lot of Senior High and College students admire her. She is basically the talk of the whole campus every single day. Everyone knows her life as if it is common knowledge.

She's popular not only because of her rich family. She is exceptionally beautiful too. Her hazel almond-shaped eyes, high-nose bridge, natural lip shape, fair complexion, long auburn brown wavy hair, and slender body made her be classified as god tier in terms of beauty and physique. Even though she's not the hourglass type, which I usually like because tits and butt are basically everything, everyone in this campus boldly professed their deep adoration for her. It is as though they worship her.

Hindi ko maintindihan iyon. She's just basically a pretty face. Nothing new. Yet one moment with her changed my whole view.

One afternoon, they are sitting in their usual spot in the Luxus restaurant. All her friends flock on their table. Her friends are known to be the richest in the campus; Chiu, Suarez, and Hall are the richest of the flock.

Bullying is extreme during Junior High School. Hall dine with them, quietly eating her lunch while her friends are bullying someone from another table. She's not joining them but she doesn't even stop them. She doesn't even care. She is self-centered and a pretty face, I therefore concluded.

Nadagdagan lamang ang kuryosidad ko sa kanya. Nagsimula kong mapansin ang pagkakasabay namin ng tanghalian. Maging ang pagpadpad ng pangkat nila sa gusali namin para sa computer subject nila.

I perceive her to be self-centered. Upon noticing her every move, I realize that she's not. She is a perfect girl, prim, and reserved. Everyone adores her for being like that but they do not see how much she tried hard to be one. I just see her as someone being programmed; a perfectly written code that perfectly performs her functionalities.

We often meet coincidentally. It is stupid that this was my first time in my whole life to feel nervous around a girl yet she doesn't even notice me.

It does not stop me from acquiring girls. Yes, girls. Plural.

Boys her age are courting her. They give a lot of extravagant and different surprises with gifts yet she always casually turns them down. Damn those boys. She is too young to be in a relationship!

Yet in my most private thoughts, I dream of giving her flowers and she'll gladly accept it. Hmm, I don't know maybe because the thought of it is challenging.

One summer night...she saves me. I see a different side of her. A whole lot different. I want her to be herself in front of everyone. I want her to be her true self because I love her.

I love her. A word that I never would have thought to exist. Love is not the strongest word to describe how I feel for her. I am badly smitten which I never, even in my wildest dreams, thought that I will feel in this lifetime.

I begin to know her more yet knowing her doesn't break all the barriers she builds for herself. She's still like encrypted data, I am trying hard to decipher.

She's a mystery to me...and will always be because...

She died.

She died yet everyone lives through their lives as if nothing happened. It shouldn't be like that because it wasn't like that for me.

When she died...I feel like I died too.