Have courage

"Come on Clemont. You can do this." Ash encouraged, patting his buddy on the back. "You just have to have courage and believe you can do it."

"Easy for you to say..." Clemont muttered, his cheeks burning at the thought of telling her how he feels. "You aren't the one going through this."

"Well, not now, but I did." Ash admitted.

"Really?" Clemont questioned, surprised that someone like Ash would be as nervous as he is right now.

"Yeah! You should have seen me when I told Dawn how I feel. I was a reck." Ash chuckled to himself. "But now we are together and super happy!"

"How did you do it?" Clemont asked.

"I had courage and I knew that even if Dawn didn't love me, we would always be in each other's lives. We would always be friends." Ash replied. "Just believe in yourself Clemont! I know you can do this."

Clemont took in a deep breath. Ash was right. He was going to do this, he was going to tell her. He stood up tall, a whole new scene of confidence.

"I'm going to do it." Clemont assured.

"Good! Go get her!" Ash gave him another pat on the back.

Clemont nodded and went on his way to find and finally tell Serena how he feels about her. He marched with his head held high and chest buffed up. However, as time went on, he was becoming more and more deflated.

"Oh, where is she?" Clemont sighed.

"Hi Clemont!" Serena greeted from behind him.

He turned quickly to her in surprise. "Oh, hey Serena." Clemont smiled sheepishly.

"Who are you looking for?" Serena asked, her head titled cutely.

Clemont blushed. 'Why does she have to be so adorable!?' "Well...um...I was actually looking for you."

"Ok. What do you need?" Serena remarked.

"You see...I just...well I want to tell you...more like need to tell you..." Clemont fumbled. 'Come on! Where is that courage? I really need it right now!' Clemont yelled in his mind.

"Clemont?" Serena questioned, concerned. "Are you ok?"

Clemont's mind began to fog up and suddenly, everything was sparkling and there where hearts everywhere. Without warning, he lunged forward, taking her hands in his.

"Serena, form the moment I met you, you have captured my heart. You are the most amazing girl I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I just wanted you to know, how much I love you!" Clemont confessed, pulling a bouquet of pink tulips out of nowhere.

"Oh Clemont, I love you too." Serena chirped as she took the flowers, but then threw then to the side. "What are you waiting for?"

Clemont leaned forward, both of them blushing as he did so.

"Um, Clemont? Earth to Clemont?" Serena waved her hand in front of his bright red face.

Clemont blinked and shook his head, snapping out of his daydream.

'Are you kidding! That was all in my head! I'm never going to be able to do this.' Clemont groaned in his mind. "Sorry for the bother Serena. It was nothing."

"It's no trouble, Clemont. If something is bothering you, then don't hesitate to ask me for help. I care about you." Serena assured. "I'll see you later."

Clemont watched her walk away a cherry bounce in her step that made her short hair bob with it. He replayed what she just said over in his head. Then something in him clicked.

"Wait! Serena!" Clemont called after her. 'Have courage. Have courage. Have courage!' He grasped her arm just as she turned to him. "I'm in love with you, Ok?" Clemont breathed, his cheeks flushed. "I know you probably only see me as a friend, but I just had to tell you. You are just so kind and you have a beautiful heart and the most wonderful smile I have ever seen. I couldn't help myself."

Serena was speechless. Utterly speechless. She has had guys confess their undying love to her, but she didn't know them. But all of this was coming from Clemont, someone she know, someone she trusted, someone she had come to care about, and yes, love.

"I know this is...really awkward...but..." Clemont begin, but was unsure what to say next.

"I love you too Clemont." Serena smiled.

"Can I...can I kiss you?" Clemont asked.

Serena nodded rapidly, a bright smile on her face. Clemont returned the smile and leaned in kissing her on the lips. Serena happily kissed him back. Clemont could hardly believe this was happening and to think, it all happened because of some new found courage.

THE END!!!