Chapter 4: Something New

Catalia.                                     
          After receiving the call she jumped in her Aston Martin to downtown Manhattan where the detective office is located to find out what new he has in regards to her mom death.
        Detective Steven Lawrence was an old friend of her mom who will stop at nothing to help Catalia get justice and a peace of mind for the death of her mom.
"Good day uncle Steven"
"Good day princess, how are you?"
"Am fine and how are you?"
"Am ok, thank you"
"How is aunt Amy and the girls?"
Amy is ok ant the girls are turning 16 next month, having a party and your invited"
That's good to hear,they fine young ladies and yea I'll come."
Ok ok , enough about me i know that not why your "here princess"
"Go ahead uncle."

       There was no force entry, nothing was out of place, which can be they clearly know what they were after. The company used to deal with the security of the home its not registered. She was a healthy woman so the heart attack could be cause by many factors, but your mom didn't had most of these factors it's can be it's from a Cardiac attack . As for the pendant it's not been seen, sold or auctioned as you said it's only one that was made.

    Catalia sat and process the information before saying anything at all . After a couple minutes she stood up and said.
"Thank you uncle, I'll take my leave now, please kiss Aunty for me and tell the girls I said, hi"
Mr. Lawrence replies and said .
"Be good princess and don't do anything Catherine wouldn't do."
Catalia laughed and hugged him and left.

        On her way home everything starts to play in her mind. No force entry could mean its someone we know, however no one know the code but mom and I . It can also mean the trailed and and force her to open the door. But they only  took the jewelry, mom had more in cash in the house than the jewelry was worth and the money wasn't touched. I paid 10 million to have that pendant made and Tiffany&Co assured me it's the only piece in the world. I have a team working around the clock to alert the moment that pendant show up on the black market, for auction or sale.
——————————————————————————-
She reached back to the hotel and as she approached the elevator here comes the devil wearing Armani.
They got in the elevator together and Catalia was wondering where he is going.
Alexander saw the down expression on her face and said.
"Good day, Miss Miserable"
Catalia did not replied.
Now he was puzzled as she would never pass up the opportunity to put him in his place or say a snarky reply. He turn to her and said.
"Are you ok?"
Catalia turn to him and said.
"Why don't you like silence, do you like annoying your guest, please don't act like you care about how I feel and don't try to even understand me."
Zander said nothing, not even did he show a glint of emotion on his face.
Before he proceed what happened he was the only one in the elevator.

     Catalia went into her room took a shower, ate some fruits while laying in bed watching Maid in Manhattan. Her mind wonder off as she was thinking she can't wait to take away some of  Alexander customer when her project was done. Then she went to their conversation earlier and realize she was been a bitch and he was just concerned which puzzled her.
A couple minutes later she couldn't sleep she called and order a bottle of red wine and two glasses. She found it he was staying above her. She got the wine and step in the elevator.

    Alexander was in his playboy sweet as JP would call it finishing up and finalize a few deals as tomorrow would be a hectic day when there was a knock on his door.
Alexander thought that it could not be an employee as look at the times it's almost 10pm and they know not to disturb, as a matter of fact he has to authorize first before anyone can come or his door.
He got up and went to the door and when he open the door standing in her sexy silk night wear stood Miss Pedro herself .
Catalia heard foot steps and when the door open it was Alexander shirtless and in a sweat bottom.
"Good night Miss Pepper"
She rolled her eyes at him and he replied.
"To what do I owe this visit so late?"
Catalia replied with holding up the wine and cups.
"Apology for the way I acted"
He stood looking at her smiling and when she followed his eyes she realize she was not wearing her robe. That moment Catalia realized she is in big trouble.

Picture of Alexander in his sweats

Catalia night wear without her robe

Apology over red wine🥰.

——————————————————————————