Chapter 6

Ethan took care of me that day and helped me feel better and cheered me up. His words and his gestures were kind and thoughtful, sometimes it made me wonder who was the real Ethan? At night gentle and kind and at day a 180 degree difference.

''So I was thinking if you wanted to come to this Halloween party with me and Jared at HG'' Luna said while she was trying to get her self the chocolate from the kitchens cabinet. It was probably a dress up party with everyone in school attending and probably drinking until they would pass out, normally I wouldn't attend but this time I decided to make a change. I needed to get away from all these thoughts and all these nightmares. I needed the time to have fun and forget everything about Ethan and all the odd things that kept on happening around me.  This was the time for a change to a positive and more social life. A second chance from God to me.

''Sure, when is the party? Are you and Jared gonna have a couples dress up for Halloween?'' I said with an enthusiastic and positive tone while thinking about all the changes that will come to happen to me and probably my social circle as I didn't knew a lot of people.

''I was waiting for that exact question!! Guess what?! We are going to be like Marie Antoinette and Count Axel Von Fersen.. ahhh~ it's going to be the best Halloween party I will ever attend in my life!'' She started taking out her Marie Antoinette dress and dancing with it while her eyes where sparkling full of love and enthusiasm. ''The party between it's going to be in two days, you should probably go and ask Ian to go and buy a dress. His been nagging me all day long to talk to you and make sure you will go''

''Ahahah really? Well I will definitely then ask him plus that dress looks perfect on you. You guys are going to be probably or surely the best couple there''

I took out my phone as Luna gave me his number and send him a message.

''Hey Ian, haven't talked for a while sorry for that and sorry for last time at Black Foot I will definitely make up for it ^-^' . What about going to the shops with me tomorrow and buy a suit for the Halloween party? I'll be waiting, see ya. Star :)''

''Thanks Luna! See you later I'm going out for a little, I'll be back in an hour or two.'' I took my jacket and wore my running shoes and decided to go for a run near the lake i went to last time. Listening to music and running its probably one of the greatest ways to forget about problems or to remember them and make a fool out of your self while running. Both of those choices were tempting. Closing the door, I noticed a couple of mails below my feet. I took them and placed them inside one of my pockets and started walking away.

Passing all the other houses and fountain, I once again found the road to the lake and told my self to start running after I reach the big curved tree next to the warehouse. Running and feeling my adrenaline shooting high and listening to rock while trying not to think about all these mysteries that were taking place these weeks was nearly impossible. First the paintings from 1859 after the odd things I heard in the forest about the necklace and then the dead cat in the box.. everything was coming back to me as someone was shooting me with a gun. Everything felt so wrong, something inside me was warning me about this from the beginning. I knew it was too good to be true, I could never be normal and never fit in. From childhood seeing those demons and those weird beings at night and listening to things that were not there... my mind was going blank and my body feeling numb.

I closed my eyes, ''Focus, focus. Think! Why events like that happened? What is the connection between them? Who can I ask about this? Is it just in my mind?...''  My only thoughts, trying to concentrate and solve this suffocating, dreading puzzle. ''I should probably check the places again, I should see the painting again and then I can find out from Ethan him self''  I was puzzled as to I should ask Ethan or not. He might lie, he might say the truth or I might be in a dangerous position which is I expose my self to the truth I will die. My heart was beating like crazy and my body was feeling the exhaustion from running kicking in. The lake was just in front a little more and I would be there but a strange figure was already sitting on the bench. Wearing a hat and what it seemed a scarf that was flowing in the air by the wind that was blowing and wavering all the leaves on the trees. Stopping now and walking with caution I stepped as lightly as I could, getting more near and seeing a woman figure with long silver shinning hair.