Chapter 11

Spyro's pov

"Alright so what your gonna do is attack me. You got it" I explained, Neve looked down at her claws, shuffling about slightly.

"I don't know. I think my roar is kinda dangerous" she objected. "Look. I have impenetrable scales. I'll be fine" I assured her. She looked at me, still nervous.

She slowly nodded, tail held close. She took in a deep breath, chest puffed out before releasing it. I stood in place. The attack hit my square in the chest and it actually surprised me with the slight tickle of pain that followed. It disappeared soon after.

I looked at Neve. She was heavily panting, the yellow on her claws turned black and her eyes turning black with red pupils and red viens surrounding them.

"Neve?" I asked. She didn't look at me. I walked closer. "Neve? Are you alright?" I repeated. This time she looked at me, eyes unfocused.

I reached out a claw and placed it on her shoulder to try and steady her. Her eyes slowly turned back to the usual golden colour and the black on her claws faded back to the pastelly yellow they usually were.

Neve shook her head and brought a claw up to the side of her face, rubbing it. She looked at me. "What happened?" she asked.

"You just got a little out of it. That's all. Don't worry about it" I assured her. She looked at me for a second but seemed to buy what I said. She nodded.

"So how did I do?" she asked. "Great. I think we should work on flying next. We still haven't done that yet" I suggested. She nodded, flicking her tail in agreement. I smiled at her, forgetting about what happened.

________

Sorry its short. I didn't have too much to write but I needed to write this part in but didn't have much to pad around it.