Locked Out *

percy and annabeth are dating; this is prior to the war with gaea.

Percy lay in his bunk, thinking about the free time he had on his hands. What would he do? There were so many things to fiddle with in Camp Half Blood, but what could he do that he hadn't already done?

But, just like any other time Percy had freedom, he thought of Annabeth, and he had an idea. 

He jumped out of his bunk and caught his foot on a blanket, falling onto his face. 

"Stupid," Percy insulted himself.

Stuffing the blanket under the bed, he slammed his Cabin's door on the way out.

He walked to the Athena cabin, hands in his pockets. He looked down and saw a funky stain on his orange camp shirt and he grimaced. Annabeth would probably ask him about it, and he hadn't a clue as to what it was.

Knock, knock!  Percy waited patiently outside of the Athena cabin, tapping his foot against the wooden door. 

Annabeth's half-brother Malcom opened it with a frown. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi. I'm good, thanks for asking," Percy sarcastically answered, marching past Malcom and heading for his girlfriend's bunk. 

He saw her sitting cross legged on the bed, her blonde hair curled in a bun atop her head. She had Daedalus' laptop sitting next to her, and her storm-gray eyes were locked on the screen.

Percy slid in by her feet, poking his eyes over the lip of the laptop lid. "Hey."

Without looking up she answered, "Hi, Seaweed Brain."

"Whatcha doin'?" Percy asked, gazing at the laptop. 

Annabeth closed the computer, "I was working on a blueprint."

"So continue working on it," Percy halfheartedly insisted. 

She rubbed her eyes, "It's okay, Percy. I've been staring at that screen for hours, my eyes need a break."

Percy smiled, "Okay."

She looked up at him, eyes shining lighter than before, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

She moved closer to Percy and whispered, "Lets go to your cabin."

Percy instantly agreed and grabbed her hand, walking to the cabin. They chatted aimlessly along the way, swinging their hands between them in an arch.

When they arrived, Percy's hand went to the door knob, and he twisted it open. 

But, much to his surprise, the door didn't move. He tried again; same result. 

"Great," He muttered. 

"What's wrong?" Annabeth asked. 

Percy kicked his door, "It won't open!"

"Let me try," Annabeth suggested, but she didn't do any better. 

Good going, Jackson, Percy thought. You've managed to lock yourself out. 

Annabeth smiled, and Percy couldn't help but smile back. He knew his face was red, but he didn't care. He was with Annabeth- that was what mattered.

"So, what do we do now?" He asked, rubbing his neck nervously.

"I'm not sure." Annabeth admitted. 

Percy took Annabeth's hand, suddenly getting an idea. He took her to the lake, and they sat on the dock. After a moment of silence, Percy turned to her. 

"Thanks, Wise Girl."

Annabeth tilted her head. "For what?"

Percy shrugged. "Hanging out with me."

Annabeth lifted his head, "Love you too, Seaweed Brain."

Percy grinned. How she knew that he was about to say that, he didn't know. But what he did know was that Annabeth tended to know him better than he knew himself. 

He kissed her forehead, and she put her head on his shoulder. They watched the afternoon sun dance across the lake, shining in its reflection. And Percy decided that being locked out wasn't so bad after all. 

edited. july 9th, 2017.