015

9:56pm, August 24, 2013

New York City, New York

"Okay, Steve, I have to prepare you because this next one is tragic..." Violetta began, sitting in the movie room of Avengers Towers with the one and only Steve Rogers. She had been tasked with catching Steve up on recent movies and television shows, though as she tried explaining to Tony, she, too, needed catching up. However he waved her off dismissively and told J.A.R.V.I.S. to begin making popcorn for the pair.

"How can it be tragic? The Proposal, Just Friends, and Definitely, Maybe were so good!" Steve fought back, his love for Ryan Reynolds growing slowly and surely. The two had watched some of his best movies, though now it was time for Violetta to break Steve's heart.

"Because Steve, it's Green Lantern." Violetta added dramatically, the cued movie beginning to play its opening credits as she had finished. Steve chuckled at the exaggeration his small friend made, rolling his eyes slightly as he settled into the couch, right arm over the back of the couch, allowing Violetta to curl up into his warm side.

A giddy smile took over the teenager's face, knowing she wouldn't have to answer any more questions about the movie due to her impeccable timing.

11:59pm, August 24, 2013

New York City, New York

Silence overtook the media room as the large screen faded to black. Violetta turned to Steve excitedly, waiting to see his reaction to the truly amazingly awful editing. He sighed heavily, standing up from the couch and beginning to pace the room. Violetta sat forward concernedly, afraid she had hurt Steve in some way, or maybe the movie had brought back traumatic memories from the war. Looking up at a visibly stressed Steve Rogers, Violetta began to stand, then sitting immediately when he turned to her and began mumbling nonsensical sounds.

"Steve?" Violetta tried, her voice meek, scared to startle him out of this trance. He resumed his pacing, the mumbling having stopped when the Russian tried talking to him.

"Steven." She said, a harsher tone to her voice than she had intended. The super soldier stopped and turned to face her, his eyes holding betrayal and disappointment.

"Violetta, my dear. WHAT IN THE DIDDLY DARN WAS THAT?!"