Vanilla Twilight

That very incident haunted Hiccup's mind. He thought about what she did every minute, every hour, everyday. In whatever he did, he did it for her. He had a debt to pay for her.

Astrid, why did you?

That was the question he always asked in his head. He thought hard and long for a possible answer and he always went back to what she said: Hiccup, I love you.

The stars lean down to kiss you
And I lie awake and miss you
Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

If only Drago never showed up...

He regretted not running away when he knew Toothless would fire at him. And his Dad...oh, if Astrid hadn't seen what was happening and jumped in the way in time...his father would be the one dead.

'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly
But I'll miss your arms around me
I'd send a postcard to you, dear
'Cause I wish you were here

Every night, he slept, but he missed those nights when she'd come at night, just so they could sleep together, warm in each the arms of the one they loved. But those nights were gone, and all he felt was coldness.

I'll watch the night turn light blue
But it's not the same without you
Because it takes two to whisper quietly
The silence isn't so bad
'Til I look at my hands and feel sad
'Cause the spaces between my fingers
Are right where yours fit perfectly

He remembered when her laughter always filled the air. He remembered when she was still alive. Oh, the fun times they had. She filled the empty spaces of his life, just as where the spaces between his fingers are right where hers fit perfectly.

I'll find repose in new ways
Though I haven't slept in two days
'Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone

And sometimes at night, he would sneak out to the cove where they first had their actual conversation. The place where she first kissed him on the cheek.

But drenched in vanilla twilight
I'll sit on the front porch all night
Waist deep in thought because when
I think of you I don't feel so alone

I don't feel so alone

And when he was there, he'd relive the memories that place held. Their first cheek kiss, their first date, and the place where they hide away from the problems that life threw at them.

As many times as I blink
I'll think of you tonight

When violet eyes get brighter
And heavy wings grow lighter
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again
And I'll forget the world that I knew
But I swear I won't forget you

He sweared he'd never love another that day.

Stoick told Valka of their relationship of course, and Valka couldn't help but feel she'd lost the years she could have spent with her future daughter in law. But, she promised herself and to Astrid up in Valhalla that she will never ever forget what Astrid did for her son.

As for Hiccup, he kept that promise. Never did he see women the way he saw Astrid. She was his one and only. His true love.

Oh if my voice could reach back through the past
I'd whisper in your ear:

"Oh darling, I wish you were here," Hiccup said breathlessly, as he did every night.

He went back into his house and slept, dreaming of Astrid...

***

Sad, I know, BUT. I just love Owl City, and I thought, 'Why not make a Hiccstrid one-shot?'

But guys, this song is just PERFECT if Astrid died, don't you think? BUT I promise I'll make the next one-shot more cheery. Kay?

And guys, if you don't know the song, I'll be posting the song videos, kay? So just click away and listen to ze video! :)

And by the way, the singer in the video isn't the real singer. XD

So this has been moi! Au revoir!