Just The Girl

She's cool and she's cruel
But she knows what she's doin'
She pushed me in the pool
At our last school reunion

Everyone laughed as Hiccup got out of the pool wet and shivering. Astrid smirked, and Hiccup noticed that the tips of her mouth was tilted down - almost into a frown. Did she care?

She laughs at my dreams

"Pfft, haha, you seriously dream about laughter? How stupid is that?" She laughed, but he could tell it was forced.

But I dream about her laughter
Strange as it seems
She's the one I'm after

He took a picture of her as she walked through the school hallway. He was a great photographer, and he often took pictures of her and he put it in an album just so, in a way, he could see her face to face everyday.

Cause she's bittersweet
She knocks me off of my feet
And I can't help myself
I don't want anyone else

Sure, he had his fair share of admirers, but he never did look at them the way he looked at her. He watched her with love and longing. His eyes glinted with hope that she could be his one day.

She's a mystery
She's too much for me

She bullied him everyday at school. Yet, he also saw a hint of guilt in her eyes when she punches him. He thought, 'Am I seeing things?'.

But I keep comin' back for more
She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

He'd been chasing after her for 8 years, as crazy as that seemed. It felt so right for her to be in his arms, he just wished it would be true.

She can't keep a secret
For more than an hour

She was the one who spread everything that happened well, everywhere. She can never keep a secret. And for some reason, he adored that. It meant she was honest.

She runs on 100 proof attitude power
And the more she ignores me
The more I adore her
What can I do?
I'd do anything for her

It's true. He did everything. He got her flowers, chocolates and more. He even took a punch from a jock (Snotlout) who she was teasing.

Cause she's bittersweet
She knocks me off of my feet
And I can't help myself
I don't want anyone else
She's a mystery
She's too much for me
But I keep comin' back for more
She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

He once gave her his number, and to his delight she saved it on her phone. But everytime he called her...

And when she sees it's me
On her caller ID
She won't pick up the phone
She'd rather be alone

He tried many, many times calling her, but it ended up the same way: She never picked up the phone. On some occasions, he wanted to give up. But, his heart still yearned for her.

But I can't give up just yet
Cause every word she's ever said
Is still ringin' in my head
Still ringin' in my head

She's cool and she's cruel
But she knows what she's doin'
Knows just what to say

"Why do nerds have to be so boring?" She teased him as he read a book in the library.

So my whole day is ruined

"It's not boring! Here, see," he moved to the side of his chair and pulled her hand toward him. He made her sit and listen.

She punched him after their reading session. "That's for making me read," she said. Then she did the most unexpected thing. She hugged him and said while running off, "That's for letting me learn more about books!"

He just smiled there, looking like an idiot. Everyone gave him a look that said, Why's that dork smiling? But he didn't care. The girl of his dreams just kissed him.

Cause she's bittersweet
She knocks me off of my feet
And I can't help myself
I don't want anyone else
She's a mystery

Since that day, she ignored him. But in the library, they read together. Or, she read a book while Hiccup read her. She was like a mystery novel. With so many clues to the real her, yet, he never found the Astrid that he knew she kept from others.

She's too much for me
But I keep comin' back for more

Cause she's bittersweet
She knocks me off of my feet

And during the college sort of prom, he was alone. As always. And as usual, Astrid was adored by him. She wore a plain blue knee high dress but to Hiccup, she knocked him off of his feet.

And I can't help myself
I don't want anyone else
She's a mystery

Their gazes were locked that night. Each of them looking in awe at each other, and they found themselves moving closer to each other. His very own mystery novel had showed its last clue.

She's too much for me
But I keep comin' back for more
Oh, I keep comin' back for more
She's just the girl I'm lookin' for
Just the girl I'm lookin' for

I'm lookin' for
I'm lookin' for
I'm lookin' for

" You're Just the girl I'm lookin' for," he found himself saying. She smiled at him, "And you're just the nerd I've been waiting for."

He pulled her closer and crashed his lips on hers, much to everyone's surprise.

And to Hiccup and Astrid, nothing could have gone better.

***

Yay! A new one-shot! XD

Stay awesome~