Marry Me

Today is the day Hiccup will propose to his longtime girlfriend, Merida DunBroch.

PSYCHE! Like he'd ever fall for another girl. He was going to propose to Astrid Hofferson, his one and only.

BUT, he chickened out and flew off with Toothless to 'Sleepy'. Trust Toothless to name things...

But then Astrid found him.

"Why'd you leave me back there Hiccup?" She asked, sitting next to him.

"I'm a coward..." he trailed off.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Forever can never be long enough for me
To feel like I've had long enough with you

"Astrid, I feel like forever and a day has past since we first became official," he said, standing up. She did too, wondering what he was doing.

Forget the world now, we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way

"I want us to be together. I want us to be one."

Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me

"What are you saying Hiccup?" Astrid asked as Hiccup held out a hand.

If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

"Come with me, mi'lady," he said. She nodded and he called Toothless. They both hopped on him, and relived the day of Astrid's first flight.

Together can never be close enough for me
To feel like I am close enough to you

Astrid hugged him and placed her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes. Hiccup wished she would be even closer.

You wear white and I'll wear out the words "I love you"
And you're beautiful

Now that the wait is over
And love has finally shown her my way

"Astrid?"

"Hmm?" She hummed, looking up and staring into his green orbs as he stared at her blue ones.

Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

"Please don't freak out when I ask you this," Hiccup said.

"Of course!" She said calmly.

Promise me
You'll always be
Happy by my side
I promise to
Sing to you
When all the music dies

"I hope you'll always be happy by my side. I hope you'll love me forever and ever," Hiccup confessed.

"Oh Hiccup," Astrid hugged him tighter as they descended back to Berk, "I already am happy by your side. And I'll love you for eternity."

They finally landed and they hopped off Toothless. Hiccup kneeled and Astrid gasped, knowing what he was about to do.

And marry me
Today and everyday
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

"Astrid, uhh," Hiccup stumbled upon his words, "You and Me? Married? What do you say?"

Astrid burst into laughter when he asked.

Marry me
Mm-hmm

"YES!" She shouted with joy and they shared a kiss, under the glowing light of the setting sun.

***

Yay! Another One-Shot done!

This has been moi! Au revoir!