Part 22

It's been a long day, with all the dinner preparations and non stop phone calls. My parents were so desperate to meet my boyfriend and so I invited him over for dinner.

He's bringing his sister Trisha and my nervous system has been teasing me all morning. I haven't spoken to Trisha for two years and the thought of how everything would go freaked me out. I owe her a lot of explanations. My only hope is that everything would go well between us and we would be able to pick up from where we left off.

"Danielle where should I put these?" Maya questioned holding a bowl of salad. Ow I didn't mention my love expert Maya was invited too and she wouldn't let me rest. She throws herself around as if she was the one expecting visitors.

"Bring me the glasses" I raised commanding Ayandra, helping her out with the table setups. Maya was busy with the venue arrangements, next second she's back at the cooking. "I swear She has all the energy in this world" I laughed shaking my head at Maya as she struggles with the meat.

"Everything is ready! Time to go bath ladies" Ayandra yelled from the kitchen as we sat resting at the sofa in the sitting room.

We were about to stand up when Mom and dad walked in with a guy behind them holding a cooler box of different drinks/flavors.

"What's that smell? Mmmmm Yummy" they both sniffed and hummed in unison.

"Why ain't you guys ready yet? It's already four o'clock" Dad asks.

"We still have one more hour Dad. Dinner starts at 5pm." I raised greeting them.

"Ladies take forever to get ready" He faked an angry tone.

"Don't worry honey. Your dad is just desperate to see his Son in law and see if he's really deserving of his wonderful princess" Mom pets my cheeks.

Maya and I rushed to my room, to get ready. We showered together, making jokes about how Dad is gonna turn Snow's cheeks red today and imagining his reactions. Soon enough we stepped out of the shower to dress. I've already prepared my outfit and I just couldn't wait to rock it.

♡♡♡

"O-o that's my baby" Mom fake teared and dad teases her back. "Don't be so dramatic Belinda. It's just dinner. She's not going anywhere yet"

I giggled as I watched them both making decisions for me as if I wasn't around. After sitting comfortably at the dinning table. Did I mention the entire family. A minute later the door bell rang and Maya stood up to swift it open.

"I'll get it" she said. A bit nervous, I sat comfortably on my chair as I watched my handsome boyfriend entering with my ex bestfriend all together looking flawlessly gorgeous. With goodies of course.

We both raised for greetings. I got lost into snow's broad arms and reached for his lips. "Hey babe" he greeted. "I missed you" I whispered into his ear as he tightens his grip on me.

I stood there for a minute exchanging glances with Trisha. I didn't know what to say to her or how to react. Suddenly Maya reached for me and pushed my demons. "Go" she said.

"Hi Trisha" I greeted shyly. "Sup Casey" She rolls her eyes and Chuckles. "Gosh I missed you! Come here" She pulled me in for a tight two, three minutes hug and let goes slowly with tear drops on both our cheeks about to mess up our makeup.

"Ow this is my bestfriend Maya" I pointed to Maya who stood impatiently. "Bestfriend huh?" Trisha raised an eyebrow. "Good to finally meet you Trisha. Danielle told me a lot about you"

"Who's Danielle" She asks. "Ow I mean Casey" Maya interrupted. "Your dress is beautiful" Maya admired Trisa's magnificent dress and I cleared my throat to cut the conversation short.

I could feel the excitement on my Mom's face as we accommodated ourselves peacefully at the dining table. But Dad seemed preoccupied as usual. I sat between Mom and Maya, sitting opposite to Snow and Trisha. The whole time Snow winked at me letting me know how beautiful I look.

"So Snow, when are you going back to London" Mom interrupted and dad turns his focus back to Snow.

"Ahm not anytime soon"

"So Danielle tells" Dad stops as everyone stares back at him wondering who Danielle is. He cleared his throat again and continued. "Ahm Casey tells us you guys are together now am I right?".

"Yes Sir" Snow responded respectfully as we watched wondering what my Dad's next question would be.

"Are you aware that my daughter has been through hell in her life and she was just at the verge of Recovering?" Dad asked again and Snow nods again.

"What are your intentions with my daughter" I widened my eyes and lectures "Da-ad!"

Snow raised his hand at me and said, "Mr Pietersen I've loved your daughter ever since I was only a little boy. When I had no idea what love was. I've watched her fall and rise again. I regret not being there through her difficult times but I'm here now to take on her future. My intentions are pure and I wish nothing more than to see her wake up next to me every morning for the rest of our lives."

My dad frowns as Snow stood walking towards me and kneeled down next to me on one knee, holding a tiny box of pure gold ring. Leaving us all speechless.

Quite shaky but confidently, he flirts. "Cassandra Peterson, Will you marry me?"

A tear dropped on my cheek and everybody gushes to the surprise "please say yes" Maya begs. I looked at both Mom and dad, searching for opinions from their faces but they both seemed surprised as they nod happily. "Yes! I will marry you"

He inserted the ring slowly on my finger. "Now stand up, kiss me" He whispers impatiently. I raised from my two toes as I landed on his masculine body, raising me up. I kissed him deeply not caring whether we had an audience but few minutes later after searching my eyes around at the audience, I cleared my throat to spread free from him. "Put me down" I whispered.

Snow turns back to Mom and dad to ask for their permission to wed me. "Mrs. and Mr. Peterson, would you allow me to marry your daughter?"

"Yes" Mom said excitedly turning to dad "No" Dad jokes. The entire room stops smiling and turns their focus back to Dad including myself. "I said no. He can't marry my daughter. It's too soon. Besides She's still too young".

"Honey what are you saying, They are in love and she's turning 26 next month. She's a big woman now, she make her own choices." Mom lectures.

"I know but she's still my little girl. I'm not ready to let her go" Dad said standing up moving towards Snow. "Congratulations man. You are the luckiest guy in the world" He smirks extending his hand to shake Snows.

"Do I have your permission " Snow smirks and dad smirks back. "Of course Son. You always had. Just promise me that you'll never hurt her" Dad pets Snow's shoulder.

"You have my word" the audience went from sad faces to happy faces holding their glasses up high. "This calls for a toast" Mom jumps up in excitement. "Chears to Mrs. and Mr. Snow" Trisha Chuckled and I giggled at the thought. "To us babe" Snow toasted looking me deep into my eyes , followed by a kiss.

"You two are the cutest" Maya admired.