Part of an explination

It was hard to recount what happened while we moved to the rally point. We must have kept a brisk pace for hours, and the T-dolls never seemed to run out of steam but boy could they eat. Seemed every hour or so they were snacking on something. Though I suppose if you can't be sure you have the time for a full meal snacking is the only option.

The pace was killer but we managed to keep up, some more then others. Five-Seven seemed to be making it her duty to harass the stranger. Guess she took his attack personally. She'd left the zip tie on him and poked fun at him whenever not being able to use his hands properly slowed him way down. Like when we climbed over a particularly large pile of rubble. On the other side of said rubble was a few t-dolls I recognized. Echelon-5, consisting of all the T-dolls from the famous assault rifle team, M4A1, AR-15, M4-SOPmod II, M16, and my handgun addition px4 storm. They were all sitting around a small fire in a bowl of rubble looking beat and miserable.

Then as we descended into said bowl, with Five-Seven lagging behind to poke fun at the other guy as he made his way up, Echelon-5 all took one look at me and in unison had there weapons trained on me.

"Oh not this shit again." Ryan half mumbled before walking off to the far side of the rubble bowl and taking out another cigarette. Both Echelon-2 and 5 ignored him. The air was tense, as no one made a move. It was M4A1 the team leader who spoke first.

"C-commander please tell me that's you." She asked her voice trembling. Though I'd given oath certificates to all of Echelon-1 and PTRD of Echelon-2 they were expensive and I had to settle for just raising the affection of my t-dolls to maximum. That was probably making this harder now.

"I'm really sorry, I'm not your commander." I said. Stick to the truth.

"Y-you say that but..." M4A1 said.

"I have the same results. He's completely identical to the commander but with a few different vocal cues indicating a different lifestyle." AR-15 said. Seemingly as cold and calculating as always, but the look on her face was bewildered, like she was seeing a ghost and wished it was real.

"Well I'm not lying! I'm not who you all think I am and I'm not going to pretend to be!" I said. There guns were still on me as they seemed to try and make sense of all this. M99 spoke up next.

"We determined that the best course of action would to be falling back to the rally point. Once out side of the Parpaluie field we can contact Ms.Helian for further instructions." M99 said. They all seemed to think about it for a moment before lowering there weapons.

"That sounds good. The Rally point is just ahead but Sangivis troops have formed a blockade. They seem to be trying to isolate troops within the battle zone. We were just going over how to brake through. We are organizing with other Echelons but none from our outfit so far. More are joining us by the minuet taking up positions." M4A1 started. Everyone settled in around the fire except Ryan and the other guy who sat a distance away.

"C-can I ask a few questions?" I asked. All eyes on me, damn I couldn't get used to that, it sent chills down my spine.

"This other guy, who looked like me, how did he die?" I asked. Bam! Sore spot! No one looked like they wanted to answer, but Ms. Thompson did after a moment.

"T-the boss.... well ALL the bosses from every base really, were captured." She said.

"Wile we were out on missions there was a strike on all the bases, the commanders were taken and... and..." Five -Seven continued.

"Executed on a live broadcast all at once." AR-15 finished.

"And that was only a few hours ago. We've been trying to get back to base ever sense. Echelons-3, 4, and 9 and home already Echelon-1 is-" PTRD was saying.