Chapter 17: Two Years Later

After Farrow argued with his parents he barely speaks with them. I travel for my job and when I return half the time he's gone. When he gets back sometimes he's injured. I get so worried but I can't stop him. I've told him to stop being so reckless and he promises he will stop but he doesn't. Part of me wants to leave him because he's being so reckless but the other part of me loves him and doesn't want to leave him. He barely talks with his parents and brother anymore. If I broke up with him then he wouldn't have anyone else. I hate seeing him so reckless. We are riding on horses and having fun when suddenly a servant comes running. We stop riding the horses and he says "Rosa you are needed...there's...rumors...of a war... starting...they need...you to..."
He's trying to catch his breathe and I ask him "The Speaker wants me to collect information to learn if it's true?"
He nods his head. I get off the horse and Farrow also gets off his horse. The servant takes the horses reins and leads them away. Farrow tells me "I'll go with you. If there is a way starting then it's safer traveling with someone else."
I tell him "I have to do this on my own. Promise me you won't get yourself killed while I'm gone. If you did I..."
I start crying because I don't know what I would do without him. I've confided in him about my parents and childhood. He's told me about his own childhood too. He pulls me towards him and we hug each other until I stop crying. We pull away from each other and he tells me "I promise I won't do anything stupid. Please stay safe. If there is a war coming it's more dangerous for you then it is for me."
We promise each other then we kiss. It's a very passionate kiss and eventually we have to pull away. We let go of each other than I quickly start running to my house. I get there, quickly pack my stuff, run to the gate, then I continue running after checking in with the guards. I have to find information about the war that might be coming. I can quickly leave and get information then come back to Farrow again.

*Picture above is Rosa crying*

*After this book is The World Of Tiber*