❥⇢Chapter 2⇢➢

Song: Nightcore -I wouldn't mind.

"Where are you going now?" Eros whined as I walked towards William's Diner and opened the door

The sound of clinking bell rang through the place and a red head looked up from  the cash register and smiled.

"Hey Rebecca!" she waved pushing up her glasses and handing a white apron to me.

"Hey Jane" I mumbled lazily, taking the apron from her and walked to the kitchen.

"ANOTHER JOB! You are a high school student right? Because we just left the coffee shop." Eros yelled, his voice holding exasperation.

"Mind you! I'm the one doing the work." I said as I tied the apron.

"Why are you working here when your parents own their own coffee shop?" he asked.

I chuckled bitterly at that, "They are not my parents." I said thinking how many times I had wished they actually were. Things would have been so much more colourful for me instead of dark. 

There was no respond from him so I looked at him and saw him staring at me intently. For some reason it made me uncomfortable, I felt as if he could see right through my soul. I opened my mouth to speak something but he beat me to it.

"How many jobs do you have?"

I frowned deciding to tell him, he will find it later anyway, "Three at regular days and four at weekends."

He eyebrows shot up in surprise before they narrowed.

I turned back and looked around the kitchen to see Charlotte cooking something,fully engrossed in it, she was in her mid-twenties and a whole time cook at William's Diner. 

"Charlotte!" I called out. She looked up, jumping a foot in the air in surprise before glaring at me. I smiled knowing that look all too well, which said never to break her from her 'chef zone'. But it was my tradition to break the rules for which Charlotte had gone pretty mad sometimes.

She put one hand on her hips and narrowed her eyes, "Bec how many times do I remind-"

I cut her off, "You and I both know that I remember and still do it and will keep on doing  it."

 She sighed before shooing me off the kitchen. I did as I was told and went to the tables to take the orders in my notepad. Before I continued, I looked around to see that Eros was no where in sight.

I hoped he was not planning out another scandal because I didn't have that much energy in me to clean two messes in a row.

At eight my shift finally ended and I took in a relieved sign. Another day survived. The only thing making it different from the rest of gloomy days was that my meeting with the ghost and in some way making even him angry.