❥⇢Chapter 5⇢➢

Song:  Nightcore - This Feeling

"Just to make it clear, this is not going to help you

"Just to make it clear, this is not going to help you. You are going to tell me why exactly did those guys attack you and both the times you didn't fight and not just a short, no-use explanation." Eros said.

We were standing in front of an old library. It was the best place where we can get at least some idea of ghosts. You never know what kind of strange books an old-creepy library could hold. If I ever knew a real ghost would get stuck to my side, I would have listened more carefully to my classmates, who loved to gossip about ghost stories.

I just shrugged in reply to his question. I knew I would have to tell him later sooner or later about it.

"Let's go already. I didn't take the day off just to waste it standing in front of a library, looking like an idiot talking to herself." I said, looking around to see if anyone was watching.

"You are one, so it wouldn't make much of a difference." Eros scoffed opening the entrance door of the old library.

I would have argued with him if my jaw wasn't hitting the floor in surprise. "How oomph-" the door slammed shut on my face, literally. I scowled, rubbing my nose and tried to push open the door with my hand, with more force than needed. But before my hand could even touch the door, it opened on its own accord. I stumbled right inside the library, trying to regain my balance.

The old woman, probably the librarian looked at me with a disapproving frown. Meanwhile, the idiot who caused this ruckus smirked at me. "Please maintain silence here." the old lady snapped. There was no one in here, except for her and now me and halo boy. I wanted to point this out but decided to keep my mouth shut. I will waste more time if I got kicked out and had to search for another ancient library.

With that thought in mind, I took a deep breath and walked further inside the maze of shelves. When I confirmed that the old lady wouldn't be able to hear me from the place I was at, I stopped and waited for the smug jerk to come. 

"I know what I did there was epic, so how about we do not talk about it? I don't want to gain ego-"

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to my level. "What was that all about?" I hissed. His eyebrows, which had shot up in surprise previously, furrowed in confusion. "What are you talking about?" he asked with so much innocence that, for a minute, I believed he didn't know anything.

My grip on his collar tightened. I inched closer to him. "That act won't work, not with me. How were you able to open that door?" I hissed, watching the realization dawn on him. He was a ghost, ghosts don't open doors, like normal humans, they pass right through them.
He chuckled, backing away. "You are quite judgemental, don't you think?" He asked. I tried to argue back, but he cut me off. "Have you ever seen a ghost before me?" he questioned. I remained silent at that. He continued, "If you haven't, then what makes you question my actions? The ghosts in the stories may or may not be actual ones. Don't make wrong ideas of what we could or couldn't do."