❥⇢Chapter 4⇢➢

Song - Nightcore - Say You Won't Let go.

P.S.: A small suggestion, play the song above while reading the chapter ;) You'll know later why.

: A small suggestion, play the song above while reading the chapter ;) You'll know later why

Bam!

I closed my eyes, feeling my knees buckle underneath me and an unbearable pain exploded and started spreading in my head. I tried to cushion my fall as best as I could before everything blacked out.

Next time when my eyes opened, the first thing I saw was a basketball lying on the ground next to me, in front of me. The same ball that had collided with my head. In the next moment, I saw its owner's face in my line of sight. He had a sick smirk on his face as he nudged my side with his foot, checking if I was conscious or not.  

"No remark, freak?" I could sense the smirk in this voice.

I shifted in my position on the ground so that I was lying on my back - to get a better view of him before I snorted, "You shouldn't be surprised. After all, I don't hate any single word enough to insult it - by using it for you."

In the blink of an eye, he lifted me off the ground by my shirt's collar and my eyes connected with his blazing green ones. I rolled my eyes, "Did the truth hurt, William?"

"You are nothing but an insect that lives in a sewer gutter," He growled.

I gasped in mock surprise, "Oh my! What an insult! I could never top it Willy-the-pooh!"

"That mouth doesn't know when to shut up, let's give it a lesson, Will." I heard a jock say from behind followed by several cracking of knuckles.

What was I thinking when I decided to get out of school late after dismissal?

William - the two-faced golden boy of the school gave me one last look before tossing me towards the jock like an object. Two arms wrapped around each of my arms. I looked around, counting the total number of soccer and basketball players that were circling around me and cursed silently to myself. I'm good as dead this time.

But even at this time, my ego refused to back-down as I threw my head back and laughed, not caring that two soccer players were holding me down and three basketball players were waiting to punch the living daylights out of me.

"You brought five guys, all twice my size, to fight against me? And even after that you felt the need to shoot a basketball from behind like a coward? Are you that afraid of me, Willy-the-pooh?" I tsked at last giving them a disgusted look.

William narrowed his eyes, but before he could say anything one of the guys punched me in the gut and I gasped for air. "David, did I tell you to start?" William snapped and David immediately backed down, muttering an apology. Benefits of being the star Quarter-back...