All I Have Ever Hated About Myself

Eden was angry, ambitious and aggressive. She was infamous for violent outbursts, selfish mentalities and promiscuous behaviors. Nobody knew where all this hatred came from, but it only seemed to get worse with age. Eden was aware that her town disapproved of most of her behaviors, and that only made her angrier. Her history was full of blood, sex, drugs, fighting, wildness and everything else most people would call "sinful". But the way Eden saw it, she'd been abandoned by God at birth, so who cared about sinning? She had no hope of Heaven, so why not indulge?

But even so, the constant judgements, as well as her own lack of understanding about her own condition, led Eden to research. In time, she made a serum to split her personality apart so that she could better understand it. What the serum resulted in was beyond her wildest dreams. Her personality split cleanly in two, leaving her with something of a twin who took on the name "Hannah".

At first, Hannah could only come alive if the serum was flowing through Eden's veins. But it came at the cost of Eden's own mind, because she would black out while Hannah would take over. And then she'd suffer memory loss, so she'd have to rely on other witnesses to know what Hannah had been up to. But this is where the split wasn't so clean, because Hannah could always remember what Eden did.

Eventually, however, Eden made a new version of her serum that removed the amnesia. Now, she finally could remember what Hannah got up to when she took control. It was painfully embarrassing. Hannah did nothing but nice, sweet, babyish, girly things, and it humiliated Eden to think that they shared a body. Hannah was everything Eden was not: kind, gentle, caring, obedient. She was the angel to Eden's demon. And she'd assigned herself the task of undoing all the harm Eden had ever caused during her life.

But even further along, Eden made a serum that allowed her to telepathically communicate with Hannah. The first meeting didn't go well.

"You're a disgusting, vile creature and you need to be stopped!" Hannah sounded like a templar knight and Eden was beyond furious to hear her own creation speak ill of her. But Hannah was resolute. She was determined to defy Eden until the day she died.

"I will undo every bad thing you've ever done in your life and I will take total control some day!" Hannah vowed.

Eden did not take that threat lightly and invented one more serum that allowed the two personalities to separate.

"And that's because I've wanted to do this for months!" she cried, immediately punching Hannah hard enough to almost knock out a tooth. But Hannah still refused to stray from the path of righteousness and redemption. Although, she did become less militant about her honor.

She was still dead-set on doing good things and erasing Eden's evil legacy, but she was no longer as aggressive about it. She would spend all her time preaching about peace and love, being so gentle and passive and sweet. Even more than she used to be! In fact, she even tried to coach Eden in the ways of goodness, love, compassion and compromise. Of course, it didn't work.

Not only did Eden stick to the path of aggression and selfishness, but it was as if being separated from Hannah made her even more violent and vicious. She'd always been sadistic, but it reached a new and terrifying height after she split from Hannah. It didn't take long for Eden to become a highly wanted and dangerous criminal in multiple states! But for all of her wild, reckless impulsivity, she was still very cunning and bold. She managed to evade capture for years. She even managed to hide from Hannah, who still shared a telepathic bond with her (although it weakened the longer and farther they were apart).

ooo

But after three years, Eden was finally caught. After bludgeoning a young man to death over a perceived insult, the man's family managed to catch and restrain her long enough for the cops to arrive. Hannah was present at the trial.