Confronting

Heiji knocked against the door determinedly and loudly. His blood was boiling and rushed in his ears.

"Why are you knocking on the door so loud?!" he heard an angry man's voice. But the man fell silent as soon as he opened the door energetically. His eyes widened in shock, for he had expected everyone, but not the well-known detective. Not even a second could passed by as Heiji stormed in, grabbed the guy by the throat and pressed him against the wall.

"WHERE IS KAZUHA?!" he yelled in his face and still had a firm grip on the man. He staggered already and tried in vain to loosen Heiji's hand from his neck. "W-W-W... with the boss." he gasped out of breath.

So there is one more of your kind here, Heiji thought and made him pass out for some time with a precise punch.

The detective stormed into the house, ran from room to room, shouting her name until he almost bumped into a muscular guy. His eyes widened when he saw who was standing in front of him.

"Youuuu!...

HOW DARE YOU!", he shouted and was about to attack him when he suddenly received a violent punch in his stomach and staggered back shakily. He gasped in pain and looked at the opposite one with only one eye open. "What is wrong with you. Why is it you out of all people?!" he still gasped.

"I wanted to destroy you, Hattori! You had everything I dreamed of. Glory, popularity, a successful life, and last but not least, Kazuha. I tried so hard to get her attention, but thanks to you, all my plans were guaranteed to fail. And when you got married, I swore to destroy you. I wanted to look for you by myself, but you were so kind to show up all by yourself. The man in front of him, his past classmate smiled with a dead expression in his eyes and slowly took a knife out of his pocket.

Heiji still gasped and just looked at him angrily. "You're an idiot...
You can't force feelings! They are unpredictable and inexplicable. If you'd focused more on your own life, you could achieve just as much I did! You can kill me now, but it won't make you any happier anyway," Heiji replied with heavy breath.

"We'll know better when it's done," the guy countered with a sinister smile. He was just about to stab Heiji with the knife, but just before he could reach Heiji with the shiny blade, he grabbed the wooden sword that was hanging on the wall as a decoration and blocked it off.

"I don't care what you do to me! But I can't leave Kazuha to you any longer," he replied to his opponent and pushed him away. With a skillful movement he hit the knife out of his hand and then hit him hard against his shin so he fell to the ground. He looked at Heiji in shock after Heiji also knocked him out precisely. Exhausted, he wiped the sweat from his forehead. I hope that he was the last one, he thought and dropped the sword.

He ran further through all the rooms until he reached the last one.