Beastly

A light drizzle fell from Gotham's sky onto her pale skin. A pair of dark eyes looked up at the sky contemplating the lack of success in warning her former teammate regarding the fact Slade was after him. "Not surprising."

Raven's pale hands reached up for the edges of the hood of her cloak, tugging the covering further forward so she might better hide her face. She found the cathedral-like features incorporated into Gotham's architecture a welcoming escape, yet there was only so long she could continue keeping the company of the gargoyles residing on the rooftop of the skyscraper she selected for refuge. The demonic traits inherited from her father didn't make her immune to the rain negatively affecting her.

Silently, she slipped from the roof to the alleyway next to the giant building, contemplating her next move. "I should find the rest of the team, even if they don't remember me either."

No, she was the only Titan who remembered anything after the events which transpired when her father attempted taking over Earth for his own purposes, using her as the catalyst. Of course, Trigon hadn't expected her friends to fight for her, to bring her out of the brink of despair, let alone the power she was able to wield, sending him back where he came from. She still remembered Robin calling out to her, fighting so hard to reach her in the abyss.

After all, he was their leader.

Unfortunately, winning came at a cost. Nobody remembered, including the Justice League. The Justice League were rather shocked Robin went behind Batman to form the team, yet in reality, Batman was quite aware of the fact Robin started his own team, realizing the misfits needed someplace to go. Without the team...

Each of the Titans were sent away, given a mentor, someone meant to keep them out of trouble. She'd not seen any of them since then, not until her vision of Slade going after Robin again occurred. Raven sucked in her breath, not wishing the fate Slade intended for Robin to transpire. "If only luck were on my side."

From where she leaned against the wall of the filthy alleyway, she heard the sound of a rat scuttling around the trash, likely looking for food. This wasn't unusual, yet she still tilted her head down from continuing to feel the rain on her skin from down below after she slipped through the shadows to the ground. Her eyes opened, looking right at the rat as if something drew her to said rat.

The rat was green.

"Beast Boy." Her hands touched the wall, hoping he heard her and didn't run away. The green rat definitely did stop and look at her, yet said nothing. The corner of her mouth twisted up slightly. "I know it's you." Still no response. "I know that you're a human boy whose green, but has the ability to change into various animals."

The green rat's eyes blinked, then started morphing, becoming bigger a boy with green skin appeared. He crossed his arms, the corner of his mouth twisting slightly in annoyance while one of his eyes widened. He was also soaked from the rain like she was. "Who are you? I'm quite sure I don't know you."

"It's a very long, and complicated story." She folded her arms, her eyes narrowing. "Why aren't you with... who exactly was your mentor?"

The boy's mouth twisted into a frown, the confusion evident. "Look, you're rather cute and all..."

"Don't push it." She definitely didn't want to deal with Beast Boy making an attempt to flirt with her, let alone listen to – well, she did consider him a pervert for a reason.

"Yeah. I really don't know you, ya know. "

Raven let out a groan at Beast Boy's attempt at deflecting. "Where is your legal guardian?"

"You think I have a legal guardian, green as I am."

"Oh, so the Justice League didn't assign you a mentor, a legal guardian." She watched him glance away. Something regarding what she said hit the spot. "What?"

"I don't know how you knew that, but for your info, I've run away. I can take care of myself, nor do I need some adult telling me what I should and shouldn't do."

"Well, it's good to see you're the same old idiot as before."

"Hey!"

"Well, what do you call taking off a mentor who has similar powers as you do?"

"He's not even a big shot! He's not a member of the league, never talks..." Beast Boy's arms flailed about, complaining about whoever his mentor was. Something made him stop. "Hold on? Where's your mentor?" She simply looked at him, giving him the look. He didn't take a hint and pointed a finger at her. "You! You took off on your mentor!" The next thing either knew, Beast Boy was hanging upside down by one of her shadow tendrils while she crossed her arms. "Hey!"

"I'm not like you."

"Sure."

"I'm on a very important mission to help a friend. Care to help?"