Chapter Six

Ever since the night Mrs Hassan disflowered me and took my innocence away, she has been coming back over and over again for it like as if it’s her human right. Mrs Hassan will s*x with me at any given opportunity.
In the morning before the morning devotion, in the afternoon afternoon as well and then mostly at nights. I started losing weight and my legs started hurting so bad due to Mrs Hassan’s heavy weight and pressure in which she exert while having s*x with me.

It got to a point I got tired of it all as the assault was becoming too much
“I have to end it all” I said to myself one night while thinking of a way to get myself out of the mess which Mrs Hassan got herself into with me. The first thing which came to my mind was to stab Mrs Hassan to death before daybreak then escape with my siblings by dawn then I remembered the Lord’s commandments in the book of Exodus which says “thou shalt not kill.”
The second thing which came to my mind was to file a serious allegation against Mrs Hassan but then “who will believe me?” I asked rhetorically even though expecting an answer “Mrs Hassan has the money, tables might turn against me and I might be jailed for wrong accusation” I said yawning as a I walk around my room in an idle manner then an idea which seemed to be the perfect one crossed my mind at that moment.

The plan is to take my brothers to a motherless baby’s home then I’ll move out of the house as well to start a new life elsewhere. I made plans ahead and it seemed so perfect to me. I picked a perfect date which seemed more convenient for me, a day I am very sure Mrs Hassan won’t be around. Some days after, I started executing my plans by packing my clothes and that of my sibling’s gradually, unknown to me, Mrs Hassan has been monitoring my movements and was aware of the the whole thing. On the day I was supposed to leave Mrs Hassan’s house, the unexpected happened.

I was on my way out with my siblings heading for the motherless baby’s home that morning around 9:45am when the big, black giant gate at the entrance of the mansion flung opened and a troop of armed policemen came into the residence with their pistols and AK47 guns pointed at my siblings and I.
“Hands up” a police officer who seemed to be their leader said in a deep masculine voice.
I dropped all my bags instantly, my siblings did the same too and to my greatest surprise, Mrs Hassan came in at that moment with one other police officer.
“Yes, he is the criminal” Mrs Hassan said shouting on top of her voice with her hands akimbo
“I am not a criminal” I said calmly almost amidst tears trying to justify myself “here are my loads” I added, removing my clothes from the Ghana must go bag which contained my things.
“It will be better if you keep your mouth shut Mr man or anything you say will be used against you in the court of law” another police officer with a dark rough face added.

I was handcuffed and led into the black Toyota pick up vehicle they bought, alongside with my siblings.
I was arraigned before the DPO that same day where I was questioned.
“Is it true that you stole some goods which belonged to Mrs  Hassan Olasunkanmi in her apartment and intended to abscond with it? The DPO who seemed to be more reserved asked calmly
“No sir, I am not a thief... I’ve never been one” I said trying to defend myself the best way I can.
“Hmmm, although you don’t look like someone who’d do such... but those who do it don’t write it on their foreheads” the DPO shook his head in disbelief. “You’ll have to remain here with us until we finish with our investigations” the DPO added.

The DPO’s words were so short and simple... he spoke as if he will be arrested for the numbers of words he say.
“Sergeant Adeyemi” the DPO called a police officer nearby
“Shan sir!” The police officer rushed in and shouted as he stamped his right leg on the well tiled floor.
“Lock this young man in cell fourteen alongside with Kesari and those internet fraudsters we arrested earlier” the DPO commanded
“Alright Oga” Sergeant Adeyemi and dragged me by the edge of my trousers.

I was taken to the counter at first where my shirt was removed and my mobile phone was taken away before being transferred to cell fourteen.