Glow Show Dance

So today was the day of the Glow Show dance.

I made a t-shirt with glow in the dark yellow, green, blue, pink, and orange paint, like Tatum's muscle tank.

Bruno helped decorate the cafeteria with us. We had glow in the dark silly string, neon post-it notes, black paper, chalk, glow in the dark stars, and black lights.

I stuck on post-it notes, and wrote with chalk on the black paper. Mr. Banker, our leadership advisor, sprayed the silly string, and we ducked for cover. We hung some of the sting up, and Maddy, our leadership's president, stuck a post-it on my stomach.

I stuck one on the vice president, and my awesome friend, Tatum's back. We set up the black lights, and after that, we all started talking. I felt a vibration in my back pocket again.

I turned it on, and this appeared:
Lucas: Aye, when are you done with leadership? Thesis' room is starting to get boring

Larissa: Soon, lol just wait, we're setting up for the dance tonight

Lucas: Ughhh fiiiiiineeeee

Larissa: Aye, don't whine like a baby lol

Lucas: Lol fine...

Larissa: Thank chu!!

I shut my phone off, and sighed.

'You can't like him. He's dating someone, remember?' I tell myself. 'Yeah, but it's hard trying to forget him. I forgot Ethan by liking Lucas.' I answer myself.

I get my backpack ready, and wait for Bruno. We finish decorating the cafeteria, moved all the tables, setting up the lights and snack bar, and we all left. I saw Lucas waiting by the cafeteria as we walked out.

It was sorta darkish outside, but not too much, and we went to the tree to pick Leanne up. We walked home, and dropped Bruno off.

Lucas, Leanne, and I walked to my house, to do homework, then I will have to take off for the dance at 3:45. We finish homework, and we play CODAW. (Call of Duty Advanced Warfare)

I found a lazer gun, and shot people. My alarm went off, from my phone, which was in my back pocket, to tell me that I will have to leave soon. I frowned, and sighed.

I took my phone from my pocket and turn my alarm off. As I did so, I got a text from Bruno saying that he's coming now. I replied with a kay, and I shut my phone off. "Hey, I gotta go. I have to work the dance." I say.

Lucas nods, and we race each other, without tripping and falling on our faces, down the stairs. I say bye to him, and he walks out the door. I feel my cheeks getting warm, so I slap them 3 times.

"You can't like him anymore. He's dating someone." I scold myself. 'Yes, but I can't help it! He's like my...my awesome friend that I toutor and plays video games with!' A voice that sounds like me says.

"Stop it. He may come to the house alot, but he is dating someone, so you can't fall for him anymore. And you can't fall for Ethan either, because he likes Angel." I say sternly.

'Ughh! Why must this have to happen to me?!' The voice says, sorta ready to cry. "Don't cry. It's not worth it. It's just how life is. Our friendship with Ethan and Lucas might fade." I say walking upstairs to put my shirt and a gray cardigan on. 'Life is a bitch. Why do bad things happen to good people?!' The voice says crying.

"Life's a bitch just because. It's no use crying over a boy. There are plenty of fish in the sea." I say tying my gray Converse and grabbing 4 highlighters. 'Wh-Why?! Why does this have to happen?!' The voice says sniffling.

I smile and go into the bathroom to apply the highlighter. "Trust me, you'll be fine. You'll get over it soon. I already have." I say. I open the green highlighter and the orange highlighter,  and apply warrior stripes on both sides of my cheekbones.

I open the pink and yellow highlighters on too, and I unplugged my phone from the charger, grabbed my headphones and walked downstairs. "Honey, Bruno is here now. I think you guys should leave now. It's almost 3:45." Mom says.

I nod, and open the door to see Bruno outside. I yell bye to mom, and walked outside, exposing myself to the cold. It looks kinda foggy. We walked back to school, and we saw Angel and Kate walking back from Starbucks.

They had glowsticks in their hands, and they had extras. We met them in the front of school, and they gave the three of us glowsticks. I cracked mine, and put it on my head like a crown.

I took a selfie before we went into the dark cafeteria, pounding with music. The highlighter was glowing in the dark, and I saw Mike, Amber, Tatum, the other Kate, Tianna, Val, Marco, and a whole bunch of other people. We went to the area with the tables set up and it had black lights and the sticky notes were flashing.

I started taking squad pics near the black lights, and it started to get hot and suffocating.I heard the Dj say that we had to switch shifts, so I made my way tthe snack bar. I sat in the middle, tallying all of the stuff we sold, and I re-wrote them, because Dominic wrote it hella messy.

Marco, Cyndy, and I shared a Sprite. We waterfalled the soda. It was Marco's soda. In the middle of our shifts, there was a dance circle. We changed shifts, and Conner and Angel were there.

I took a picture of them hugging, and posted it.

thekitsunelauryn: Heyyy! Look who finally decides to show up at the #GlowShowDance ! #Cangel ! Aww so cute!!

ang_from_heav: Hey! It took him a while, but he finally showed up!

conn.da.bon: @ang_from_heav , are you saying that I took forever? Lol

thekitsunelauryn: Aye if y'all wanna fight, ang_from_heav and conn.da.bon , dm each other lols

it's gettin there...