Chapter Three

I felt like a big weight was lifted off of me, It was Friday and the last day of school. Summer was here and I was going to make every moment of it. I stopped by Chloe and talked to her and Paige for awhile.

Chloe, Paige and I have been best friends since Pre-K. We were all in the same class and have been every year of our lives since then, Now we're in high school and I feel like we are closer than we've ever been before, well with Paige. On the other hand, Chloe is drifting away from us, I'm not sure what's going on but she's been acting a bit weird lately. She is not the funny, crazy , outgoing girl she used to be last year.

Now let me tell you about Paige. Paige is the most outgoing girl you will ever meet. She has a heart like diamonds, but not as sweet as innocent Chloe. Paige is actually Josh's brother and she is also the one who hooked us up. She swore we had chemistry & even though Josh and I denied it, you have to say she was right. We were perfect together or I thought..

"Josh what are you doing!?" I heard Paige yell. I looked up from my phone and I felt my lungs closing in. I felt all my worst nightmares come true. Josh and Kendall.

I ran past them and into the parking lot, Chloe and Paige following. I also saw Paige give Josh a look and Kendall a shove. I felt the tears drain out of me. My life was over. Now I will always be known as the girl Josh Hyland cheated on.

"My life is ruined" I said over and over while crying into my legs. I quickly clicked my lock screen to see a tons of missed calls and messages from my mom, I dialed my mom's number into my dial pad and waited for her to answer.

"Maddie, I'm coming to get you, Greg and I have something to tell you ASAP."

"Mom, come get m-" I said trying to hide the fact that I was crying.

"Mads, What's wrong?" She interrupted.

"Nothing, just come get me. Please." I begged. I didn't want to ride the bus I was too embarrassed.

"Okay, I'm on my way." She replied.

I grabbed my book bag and sat on the curb waiting for my mom. My bag was much heavier than I thought. I guess all my leftover school supplies and locker decor was really heavy.