Chapter 32

"Why am I here?"

I grumbled a string of curses as I stood in front of a certain b*tch's dorm room with Rachel standing right next to me.

It was the day of the new year's party and, the moment we finished lunch, Rachel had dragged me over to Scarlet's room, claiming that she needed help with something. Throughout the previous day, Rachel was continuously asking me questions on how many people were likely to show up and, in turn, launched into a huge rant on how she wouldn't be able to look good enough.

Eventually, Rachel came to the conclusion that she was going to seek help from someone else, finally shutting up after what felt like hours of listening to her rambling.

A familiar yet extremely annoying voice interrupted my train of thought, "Why the f*ck are you here?"

"I brought her here," Rachel hurriedly chimed in, smiling at Scarlet innocently before a fight could break out between the two of us.

"Oh, hey Rache. Is something wrong?" Scarlet then inquired in a gentle voice, causing me to roll my eyes at her sudden shift in attitude.

Ever since the recruits joined the organisation, Scarlet and I would constantly clash. Honestly, by then it just became part of the routine for the two of us to exchange passive-aggressive comments every day.

Whether it was because of her constant complaints or infuriating attitude, I wasn't entirely sure. The only thing I was certain about was the fact that she was far more annoying than Alexander or even Tyler.

"W-well... F-for the party later today... I... Uhh..." Rachel then looked at the ground nervously whilst fiddling with her hands, distracting me from my thoughts, "I want you to do my makeup, please..."

Scarlet's eyes widened in shock, causing Rachel to hurriedly ramble, "B-but you don't have to, of course! I mean, if you don't want to I can totally understand cause we barely know each other but if you don't mind, it'd do me a huge favour seen as I'm so useless and clumsy a-"

"Woah! Calm down, woman _ I was gonna say yes. F***ing hell, you ramble a lot don't you?" Scarlet laughed amusedly, before giving me a dirty once more, "Does she need anything?"

Once again, I found her sudden shift in attitude even more infuriating. Part of me even wondered whether she was pretending to be nice to Rachel just for the sake of it.

"I'd rather die than ask for help from you," I snapped. It was at that moment when I genuinely wished that looks could kill.

"Well, why don't I fulfil your wish and kill you right now?" The brunette threatened, causing me to laugh at her tauntingly.

"I'd like to see you t-" before I could complete the sentence, however, Rachel had shoved me into the room, causing me to stumble slightly.

Instantly, I was forced to sit on the floor whereas Scarlet was dragged all the way to the opposite side of the room. Both Rachel and Lina attempted to subdue me and Scarlet; clearly, the duo was done with our sh*t.

"Guys, calm down! It's almost the new year so how about you two start fresh, okay?" Lina suggested, causing me to instantly huff in frustration.

There was no way I'd let anyone peer pressure me into becoming Scarlet's friend. Just because I stopped hating Lina as much did not mean I'd suddenly become friends with everyone.

"Absolutely not," Scarlet replied bluntly, voicing my thoughts.

"It's not as if a b*tch like her could actually apologise anyway," I added, prompting Scarlet to give me another dirty look.