First Day Out

Aurelia Carene Lee•°
|Ah-Rel-Liyah| |Ky-Reen|

"Bitch it's hot. I'm already sweating in places i don't want to. Let's make this fast" Brooke complained as she fanned herself.

Shaking my head I looked at her and seen that she was indeed sweating more than i was.

It was a typical hot day in Kingston, Jamaica during the summer. We were now in late March, almost April.

I was walking down a alley to the near by corner store with my bestfriend Brooke. The alley was long so it would take us 3 minutes before we made it there.

"We almost there, I'm sweating too so let's speed walk or something cause I can't" I said pulling up my half shirt a lil bit to feel the small breeze we get here and there against my skin.

We made it there and seen the usual crew of men standing around being loud and assertive, it's just how they were.

"How y'all ladies doing today?" one of them asked showing a toothless grin walking over to us.

"Good, you?" I asked being nice.

"Hell no" Brooke said as she grabbed my hand pulling me.

We wasted no time going straight in to feel the cool air of the AC running in the store. I laughed at Brooke as she opened the fridge door and stood inside being dramatic.

Signing as I enjoyed the cold air, I walked down the snack aisle and grabbed me a big bag of chips and a candy bar. Brooke was getting our slushies so I grabbed her usual snacks as well.

"I'm so happy to be done with school. I didn't think I was gone make it another year." Brooke stated as we placed our items on the counter.

"Yeah man, it was a tough last year but we finished. Now we can relax and enjoy this summer off" i said as we paid for our items and walked back out into the heat.

We just graduated from school a few months ago and couldn't be more happier. The school year out here in Jamaica was very different with the different terms we had each semester. And every year our parents had us in summer school.

My dad is Korean and Brooke's mom was from the Philippines and they strived for us to the best in school and in everything we did, but with parents like that, it was stressful.

"Yeah it's finally over sis, I just wanna party all summer. We barely got to do anything in high school."

"All we did was homework bitch, literally" Brooke said making us laugh.

We made our way back down the alley. Once we made it out it was a group of boys walking by. We knew them from highschool but only spoke to two of them.

"How you doing ma?" Desmond asked walking over to give me a hug. I smiled and hugged him back smelling his cologne on the low. He stepped back and eyed me making me look away before turning back.

"I'm doin good Des, you?" I asked him, shifting my weight onto my left leg. He smiled and rubbed his hands together when he was about to say some fuck shit as usual.

"Fuckin bitches gettin money" he said and his friends started laughin. I rolled my eyes slightly and just looked at him.

"Gyal, yuh know this man is a hore." Nigel, Desmond's bestfriend said pushing Desmond a little.

"Yeah that's why I never give him any time or day because he can't keep his dick to hisself" I said smiling as I walked off with Brooke beside me.

"Yeah OK" Desmond yelled out to me.

We made it back to Brooke's house and went upstairs to her room. She got on Pandora and played some music as I turned on every fan in her room.