Struggles

Addison's POV:

"Yessir. These men attacked me." rang out from my fragile voice, staring straight into the eyes of my assailants.

"OK, thank you, Mrs. Finch." I nod, looking to Atticus. He smiles, kissing me sweetly. I cup the side of his face, the other hand resting on his shoulder.

"You're too addicting, my angel," he murmurs against my lips, "I just can't get enough." I smirk, running a hand through his raven hair. He winked and grabbed my hand.

"Are you ready to go home, Mr. Finch?" he chuckles, squeezing my hand.

"Absolutely. I want to spend time with you, and possibly the kids if they aren't too busy playing with Dill and Rebecca." I smile, my cheeks a tiny bit flushed at his flattery.

"Aww, I assure you, they'll be playin' til nighttime." he raises a brow, wiggling them suggestively. I smack his arm playfully, blushing cherry red.

"Atticus Finch, we are in public!" I whisper-giggle, exiting the police station.

"I know, I know, Mrs. Finch." we start to walk along the sidewalk, my pain barely noticeable. We pass by Mrs. Hamilton's house and I wave, and she waves back and then glares at Atticus.

"Why doesn't Mrs. Hamilton like me?" he asks all of a sudden, looking down onto my face.

"It's because all of the premarital handholding and the occasional premarital shoulder-bump." he nods, looking confused.

"Oh." I giggle, kissing under his chin, the dude was hecking taller than me. He smirks, leaning down and pulling me into a short kiss.

"Getting a little scruffy, Mr. Finch." I whisper, continuing to walk with my left hand intertwined with his right hand.

"Yep, I like being scruffy, Mrs. Finch," the house comes into view, and sure enough the kids are playing with Rebecca and Dill, "told you they'd be playin' til nighttime." I chuckle, opening the door and announcing our arrival to Calpurnia.

"Hello, Missus and Mister Finch! Missus Hancock wishes to speak to you, Mr. Finch." he nods, kissing me again and then retiring to Alexandra's room.

"Cal, I'm going to visit Miss Maudie." she nods, her back turning to me to cook. I walk out, stepping off our porch to see him.

"Missus Finch, how lovely to see you." I cry out, running to the house, screaming "Atticus!" as loud as I could. He runs out, meeting Robert E. Lee Ewell, or Bob Ewell.

"Stay away from my wife, Mr. Ewell." he pulls me behind him, Cal taking me inside.

"Atticus, an old friend." was the last sentence I heard uttered before I entered the house.

Atticus' POV:

I heard Addison screaming my name, running to the house. I step out, seeing Bob Ewell dangerously nearing her.

"Stay away from my wife, Mr. Ewell." all the warmth was gone and replaced with malice. I grabbed Addison and she went inside with Calpurnia.

"Atticus, an old friend." venom was practically pouring from his mouth and staining his already rotten teeth black.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my eye twitching with anger.

"Jus' payin' a visit ta my fav'rite person. Yer wife." I glare, he slowly withers but not enough to scare him. He reminded me of a weasel. (No gonna lie but  I almost typed "Weasley")

"Stay away from her, Ewell," I snarl with a ferocity that I have never used before. Out of the corner of my eye I see the kids coming to see what's going on. They run to me, "go inside Scout, Jem. Your mother is waiting for you." they run in obediently.

"Why are ya so bent outta shape, Mista' Finch. Scared I'm just enough to take yer pretty wife and do worse then my sons did." my fists bunch in anger, my eyes narrowing with a wild intensity.

"Hush up!" I growl, taking steps closer to intimidate him, to no avail. 'Darn his cockiness.'

"I don't hafta. The first amendment, Mista Finch. Didn't you know? I can talk 'bout defiling yer pretty 'lil wife. Or yer daughter. Oh no, yer wife would be much more fun es--" my fist connects with his face, flashes of pain and suffering wavering off on this man.

"Atticus!!" feminine hands grab at my biceps, pulling me off of him. She takes my face in her hands, looking for injuries on my face. "What in God's name were you thinking?!? Atticus Finch I swear to all that is good and holy!" she pulls at her hair, cajoling me a bit too firmly.

"Doll, I'm sorry." I whisper, pressing a kiss to the side of her head. Then she is swept out of my arms, and into Bob Ewell's, a knife pressed to her neck.

"If you think that yer gonna get out of this because you punch'd me, yer dead wrong."

"Let her go!" he presses the knife harder into her neck, right on her esophagus. "Call Heck, Cal!" I cry out, looking at the door to see the kids watching with tears interrupting their sight.

"Atticus?"

"Go." I told Jem firmly, and he grabs Scout and they run somewhere else. I turn back and a drop of blood trickles down her neck, Heck arriving just in time.

"Bob! (Nob) Let her go!" he presses a gun to his back, Bob drops Addison. She sobs, running back to me. I press a long kiss on her lips, pulling her impossibly closer to me.

"Bob Ewell, I think it's the jail cell for you." Heck takes him away, Addison grappling to me.

"Oh thank gosh!" she tucks her head into my chest, inhaling my cologne. I pet her head, pressing tender kisses to the crown of her head.

"Mama?" she smiles into my chest, untucking herself and swivels around to the kids.

"Scout, Jem, c'mere." they run over, hugging us tightly. She giggles, looking up into my eyes. A single tear cascades down her beautiful features, a smile lighting up her whole face.

"Addison?"

"This is the only family I need. My husband, my kids, and my friends. I love you guys."

"We love you too."