Marvelous Wedding Day

Addison's POV:

Wow, the fresh smell of daffodils really went well with today. A wonderful day for a wedding, especially since it was warm, but not too warm. 

"Addison, isn’t today wonderful for a wedding?” I turn and find that Missy is standing at my arm with a glass of champagne in her gloved hand. 

“Indeed it is, Missy.” the wedding is about to start and I sat in the seat next to a couple of my friends, and I watched the affair. The distinct sound of the organ I knew from a few years back signaled for all of us to stand up. I stand and turn around to the back of the chapel, the two girls and their fathers stood. Lyla wore a suit that looked very beautiful and tomboyish and Callia wore a short white dress that went below her knees. They began to walk down, Lyla first with Atticus and then Callia with her father, Gunner. 

Lyla gets to the altar first, and Atticus kisses her cheek and makes his way over to the empty seat by me. 

“They look beautiful,” he remarks into my ear and I nod, my eyes traveling to the ceremony stage. 

“We are here today to celebrate the union between these two women, Lyla Mae Finch and Callianna Jean Henderson. Before we begin, does anybody object to this union?” I look around but no one seems to have a different opinion on the girls getting married. “Alright, the two have some vows they want to recite. Lyla?” she steps up and takes a piece of paper from Logan, who was her best man. 

“Callia. C stands for caring; A stands for accepting; L stands for loving; L stands for longlasting; I stands for indefinitely, and A stands for an outstanding gal. Those letters spell out the name of my best friend, my lover, my life. Callia.” I tear up and lean my head against Atticus’ shoulder, he moves to wrap his arm around my shoulder. 

“Now Callia?” Callia steps up with her own piece of paper from her maid of honor, Tibby. 

“Lyla, I promise that I will celebrate and laugh with you in times of happiness; wipe your tears, and hold your hand in times of sorrow. I will love, honor, comfort, and confide in you. You deserve no less than the best from me and that is what I promise to give.” I feel a few tears slip down and Atticus kisses my forehead, running a hand through my hair. 

“Now, I have a small bible verse from Romans 13 verse 8. Ahem, ‘Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.’ Now, does Lyla Mae Finch take Callianna Jean Henderson as her lawfully wedded wife, till death do you part?” 

“I do.” she places a ring onto Callia’s finger, kissing her hand. 

“Callianna Jean Henderson, do you take Lyla Mae Finch as her lawfully wedded wife, till death do you part?” 

“I do.” Callia mimics what Lyla did, kissing Lyla’s palm instead. 

“Well then, by the power vested in me by God, and this chapel, I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may kiss the bride.” they turn to each other and press their lips together, letting go after a brief second. We all stand and clap and the two married girls run down the aisle. We all stand to walk out to the reception that resided in the town square, Atticus taking my arm. 

**Timeskip** 

We arrived at the reception and everyone was seated, the families closer to the two brides. The two girls were smiling at each other when Lyla stood and took Callia’s hand. They stood in front of the crowd, their attention on me and Atticus. 

“Ma, Pa, me and Callia wanted to do something to commemorate the cute nicknames that you guys have for each other. Hit it, guys.” the small band began to play a well-known song to me that was the song I and Atticus danced to at our wedding. Lyla then ran over and grabbed me, pulling me with her. I yelped and then she handed me a mic, nudging me. 

“Ma, can you sing for me and Callia’s first dance?” I started to tear up and nodded as I cleared my throat. I waited for the right moment until I started the song. 

‘We were both young when I first saw you, I close my eyes, and the flashback starts. I'm standing there, on a balcony in summer air. See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns, see you make your way through the crowd, and say, "Hello". Little did I know,’ they spun around and around as I continue, ‘That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet", and I was crying on the staircase begging you, "Please don't go," and I said “Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess. It's a love story baby just say "Yes". 

So I sneak out to the garden to see you. We keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if they knew so close your eyes, escape this town for a little while. 'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter, and my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet", but you were everything to me I was begging you please don't go and I said “Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone, I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess, It's a love story baby just say "Yes". Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel. 

This love is difficult, but it's real. Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess. It's a love story baby just say "Yes". Oh, oh. I got tired of waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around. My faith in you was fading. 

When I met you on the outskirts of town, and I said: “Romeo save me I've been feeling so alone I keep waiting for you but you never come is this in my head?” I don't know what to think, he knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said "Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress. It's a love story baby just say "Yes". Oh, oh, oh, oh. 

Because we were both young when I first saw you.’ Everyone clapped and Lyla and Callia hugged me, both of them had tears in their eyes. 

“Thank you for being supportive of me, Ma.” 

“No problem, Ly. I love you both.” my eyes meet with Atticus and he smiles, pushing his glasses further up his nose.