2 Mia

It's August 18, and my mom and I are at WDA for registration. I've seen a ton of dancers that are YouTube-famous, national title winners, world record holders. I'll admit that it's a little intimidating, but I earned my way here. Soon, Mia Hall will be just as much of a household name as Maddie Ziegler.

Mom has signed a thousand papers, and I've gotten a couple professional head shots taken, which was fun. Finally, I get assigned a dorm-208. They gave me a purple tracksuit with WDA and a fancy logo on the back. Mom pecks my cheek good-bye, and I take my two suitcases and backpack up the stairs-boys are downstairs. I find room 208, hearing shrieks of laughter inside. I take a deep breath and open the door.
Oh.
My.
God.

My dorm mates?
Autumn Miller.
Maddie Ziegler.
Chloe Lusikak.
Sophia Lucia.
Kendall Vertes.
Paige Hyland.
And Madisyn Singh, who won nationals last year.
And they're all just looking at me.
"Hi" Autumn says. "Are you Maria?" I nod, a little starstruck. "Cool" she says, "you can have the bunk on top of mine" "Are you on the competition team?" Kendall asks. I finally summon the power to actually say something "Yes" "I think the whole team's in here" Maddie says. "No, cause Aubrey isn't in here" replies Sophia. I still can't quite believe it-I came from a studio where I had won the only nationally recognized title, a town with one dance studio. And now I'm bunkmates with Autumn Miller! "Maria" Autumn says "we're gonna go down to dinner, you coming?" "That's not a question" Paige adds. I smile at how friendly these girls are. "Hey" I say, "call me Mia" "Kaykay" Chloe says "let's go!"