6 Autumn

After breakfast, we all head across the yard into the auditorium for a couple speeches. One is Ms. Tenor, the headmistress and head choreographer. She goes on for days about rules, but I only bother to remember a couple. They hand out a sheet with all the rules on it anyways, so I'll just use the cheat sheet. I'm sitting by Kendall and the mean girl from last night, Aubrey. Kendall is sitting stiff as a stick because on Aubrey's other side is Ashton. And Aubrey and Ashton are holding hands and giving each other dreamy eyes. I'm sick of it already, and we haven't even started classes yet.
Another speech is by Miss Bella, one of the judges from the auditions. Turns out she'll be the head choreographer for the teen team, which I'm super excited about. I just can't wait to get into the studio! I can't stand sitting still for so long, which is why it's quite a relief when they finally let us out, after telling us about the meetings we have to attend that day-boooring. I head straight back to the dorm with Paige and Chloe to pick out better outfits for the day. I pick my light pink high-waisted shorts, a black high-low muscle tank with a white lace cross, and my high top white converse. We head outside, doing tricks all the way to the studio building where the teen team has a meeting. I guess we're fashionably late, but nothing has started yet. Miss Bella is fashionably later, and she brings us team jackets with our name embroidered on the front. "So, teens. You're 11-14, and obviously each very talented. Let's go around the room and share our names and favorite style of dance. I'm first "I'm Autie and I like jazz". Next is Kendall, Chloe, Mia, Madisyn, Sophia, Maddie, and Paige. Then there's Zack, Ashton, Gino, and Aubrey. This team is bigger than any team I've ever been on, but it's also a compilation of some of the most skilled dancers in the country. Miss Bella tells us that tomorrow, a dance day, will be an audition of sorts to assign us dances for the near upcoming season. The next day is a school day, but during our evening classes we will start to learn the dances. Oh gosh, I cannot wait!