Chapter 1

(Excuse all mistakes pls)

Kay

"Where you think you going at this time of night little girl?" My momma yells from the kitchen.

Rolling my eyes, I turn on my heels and walk into the kitchen.

"It's only nine o'clock".

"Answer my question".

"I'm spending the night at Kentrell's house again, Sheronda said it was okay".

She eyes me for a minute before speaking.

"Again?....This the third night in a row, let me find out Kay".

I just wave her off trying to sneak a meatball out of the pan she had sitting on the stove to cool off resulting in her swatting my hand away.

"Let me get one".

"Girl no get yo ass outta my house".

"Bye I love you!" I laugh running out of the front door.

Kentrell Desean Gaulden has been my best friend since the age of nine. (We're both 17 now). When I first moved to baton rouge from Kansas city in first grade me and Kentrell hated each other but that all changed in third grade.

One day this boy in our class was picking on me the whole day. In art class he broke all of my crayons, I didn't cry or anything so I guess that only made him wanna go harder because later when we got to lunch he poured his whole milk carton on my head.

Kentrell saw what happened and beat him up. I was shocked. Kentrell got suspended and ever since that day we've been inseparable.

Kentrell only lives two blocks up the street from me so it didn't take that long for me to get to his house. Once I got there I knocked on the door and his mother Sheronda opened it with her hand on her hip.

"Girl you know you don't have to knock on this damn door".

"Sorry you know I be forgetting". I smile pulling her into a hug.

"Kentrell still wit Montana and nem".

"Okay I'ma take a shower and chill upstairs". I tell her before walking up the stairs and into Kentrell's room.

When I got upstairs I went to my drawer trying to find something comfortable to sleep in after I get out of the shower, but I ended up changing my mind and picked out one of Kentrell's many plain white shirts and a pair of boxers.

I took a long hot shower, got out and did my hygiene process and put my clothes on. As I walked out of the bathroom I saw Kentrell sitting on the edge of the bed scrolling through his phone. I instantly jumped on top of him screaming.

"Bestie boo I missed youuu!"

"You just saw me last night".

"So you don't miss me?" I pout making him laugh.

"Yeah I missed yo big head ass".

"Get up real quick". He tells me tapping both of my thighs since I was still sitting on his lap.

I did as told and rolled over on the bed getting under the covers.

30 minutes later

I was dozing off until I felt Kentrell getting in the bed beside me and pulling me by my waist until we were snuggled like he does every night.

"Goodnight Kay love you". He said

"Goodnight Kentrell love you too".

.........................