Chapter One- Sad Truth

Can I tell you my story? My name is Ariana, but I prefer Aria, although no one listens. My story will start a few years ago, when I was 13, but before I continue, there are some things you should know. My mother, Lydia, is dead. My father, Trevor, is an asshole. My mother died when I was 4, leaving me with my father. My father was once a kind man, but he took it hard when my mother died.

He started to drink, heavily. I was blamed for my mother's death, I don't know why he thought it was logical that a 4 year old could have prevented her mother's death, but I've learned not to question him. I have endured countless abusive nights filled with screaming torture, then, when I hit 9, I was forced to endure his sexual pleasure. I became numb to the abuse by the time I was 13.

Now, here is the kicker, I finally hit puberty at the age of13, which meant my soulmate could save me. I actually used to dream about them being my knight riding in on a white horse, but hey I was young, what'd you expect?

Once I had found out I had hit puberty, I couldn't contain my excitement. Everywhere I went I hummed tunes and had a permanent smile on my face. After a couple of days, my father had noticed my change in attitude... now my story can begin.

*********************************

"Ariana, what in God's name is your issue?" My father asked as I was washing the dishes.

I chuckled, "Nothing's wrong, dad, I'm just excited."

My father looked at me suspiciously. "Excited, for what?"

"My soulmate." I replied.

"Honestly, even if they found you, they wouldn't care enough to stay." He scoffed.

"No dad, they will come, because I've finally hit puberty and I can feel the coldness of my mark. Aren't you excited for me?" I whispered, looking at the dish in my hands.

"No. Like I said, they won't stay. And besides," I felt his hands on my waist and his breath on my ear, "you enjoy this relationship we have don't you?"

I nodded my head silently in fear that he would get angry if I told him the truth.

His grip tightened on my waist, "I can't hear you girl."

"Yes father, I do." I whispered. He started to kiss along my jaw line and I stopped my shudder before he would notice. The only thing I could do was stand there, my good mood was instantly gone, why won't he just let me be happy?

"Why don't we take this upstairs, babygirl."

"I have to finish the dishes, dad." I muttered.

He grabbed my ponytail and yanked my head back, "Excuse me litle girl? What did you just say?"

"I said, I can finish the dishes later, dad." His grip loosened then he grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the stairs. I dreaded what was to happen, but I knew there was nothing I could do to stop it. Once we made it to his bedroom door, he began to tear my loose t-shirt off while pushing me onto his bed.

After hours of relentless torture, that I'd rather not tell you the details of, he kicked me out of his room and went to bed. As I closed the door I sighed in relief, and walked downstairs with shaky legs. One day, one day I will be saved, I just need my sad truth to become my happy reality.

~Edited By Orkishia