Reality

Eldrie Synthesis Thirty-One did not look happy, Kirito decided. Not in the slightest. To be fair, given how he and Eugeo had apparently tried turning him against the Church, Eldrie's reaction was reasonable. Besides, most of the knights present felt the same way, so Kirito did not blame them. Heck, maybe they'll actually forgive him once they learn the truth. Hopefully.

It has been an hour since Alice had gathered all of the knights. Right now, they were only waiting for Bercouli and the knights he tried to awaken from the Deep Freeze state. Kirito pretended to ignore the distrustful and questioning stares from the other knights, but thankfully, neither Kirito or Eugeo were dead thanks to Fanatio and Alice. Still, Kirito could not ignore the murderous intent coming from many of the knights, even from those he hadn't even met yet. The green haired knight called Nergius Synthesis Sixteen, or "Onion Boy"'s, as Fanatio had called him, killing intent was especially strong. If he were ever to escape this meeting alive, Kirito was definitely going to avoid him at all costs.

The only knight that didn't share the others' sentiment was the wielder of the Dark Slash Sword, Eydis Synthesis Ten, the self proclaimed "older sister" of Alice. Instead, she was constantly trying to tackle her so-called "younger sister", who was currently hiding behind a dumbfounded Eugeo. Kirito couldn't help but chuckle at that. The great Alice Synthesis Thirty, who had beaten himself and Eugeo up so easily was actually capable of looking so uncomfortable. It was quite hilarious, actually. Eydis herself seemed to be a good person, albeit overwhelming at times. At least, she hasn't been judging himself and Eugeo like literally everyone else was.

It wasn't long until Bercouli finally arrived, though none of the frozen knights came with him. Understandable, since Chudelkin and Quinella were the only ones who knew about the art in the first place. With seven of them under Deep Freeze, the remaining 24 knights grew quiet and waited for Bercouli to start speaking and hopefully explain what was going on as well as why the two criminals were standing in the same room as them and mot executed.

Bercouli took this silence as an invitation and started speaking. "Well, most of you here are wondering what is going on. To summarise what had happened the past two days, Elite Disciples Kirito and Eugeo were arrested for breaking the Taboo Index by killing third ranked noble Raious Antinous, but managed to break free by some unknown means. There, they encountered and fought against Eldrie Synthesis Thirty-One, and later on against Deusolbert as well. Due to being cornered, the two of them escaped, and later on infiltrated the Central Cathedral. The two of them managed to  many of us, myself included, and reached the 100th floor. Then, they managed to kill Prime Senator Chudelkin and High Pontifex Administrator," everyone gasped at that. "With the help of Alice Synthesis Thirty, who deemed it necessary for the Human Empire." At that, Alice looked away from the betrayed and distrustful stares. Even Eydis frowned after hearing this, though she still decided to believe in her.

Bercouli continued at this. "At ease, everyone. Alice made the correct decision. During the battle, Administrator herself admitted that she has deceived us. She revealed her plan to convert half the population into horrifying sword monsters that she called Sword Golems. From what Alice had told us, these monsters are created with at least thirty divine objects. Despite its overwhelming power, Alice decided that it was her duty to defeat the Administrator. Even if it were anybody else, I'm sure they would've acted the same way Alice had. As such, though Kirito and Eugeo are indeed rebels, they have worked to save the Human Empire from the Highest Minister and her abomination of a plan with the help of Integrity Knight Alice."

Out of all the now speechless Knights, Eldrie was the first to react. He stood and raised his voice in utter confusion. "The high pontifex... Was lying to us? Why would she do that? She is great leader of the Axiom Church, who took us under her care after we were called down from the heavens. Why would she...  How could she be lying to us?"